Feature Request on Auto Mail

Dear Team,

Today I find a strange thing which for me is uncommon for my expectation with Zerodha. I am new to trading and investing. I thought to keep saving all the mail attachment I receive from Zerodha and other sources related to investment. However, to my surprise, the contract note and margin statement file from Zerodha is not having a unique name.

I find it strange as such mail do come several times and if somebody would like to keep track or store it electronically, they have to change the file name each time. By just adding the date in the file name, Zerodha could make the file unique to the user.

4 Likes

contract notes are with dates and name as contract note,

May be you misunderstood me. I’m not talking about email subject. I’m talking about attachment.

i save mails directly, that’s simple, so that you download or print only what you need and no need of extra space in system and paper, but it can be necessary for some.

Before the new contract note format in April-2018, it used to have Date in the pdf file name. Not sure why it has been removed.

It would be great if someone from Zerodha can please enlighten me the reason.

Now, the user has to manually rename the file everyday with the date. It is needed because one has to save all contract notes date wise for Tax-Audit purpose (atleast).

P.S. Also the clearing charges in the new contract note are calculated incorrectly (compared to zerodha brokerage calculator) every day since last three months.

Hey @anp

Earlier we used to charge NSE transaction charge as a whole, however, a few months back we changed the way we display these charges. It is now displayed with the breakdown of exchange transaction charges and clearing member charges.

The brokerage calculator values apart from stamp duties will always match the contract note values. Could you please raise a ticket here with more details so that our support representative can look into this.

With respect to the date being included in the file attachment name, we will pass on this message to our team.

Ticket #20180405115484 is open since first week of april. Please have a look.

The issue is that the clearing charges do not match the rate of 0.0002%.

The presence of clearing charges is NOT the issue.

The calculation of clearing charges is not correct as per the formula.

See the formula for exchange transaction charges for equity F&O and compare it with that of clearing charges and you will realize that there is some error in the contract note making software that you have updated on april-2018.

For more details please refer to the support ticket thread.

Thanks for helping.

Hey @anp

Contract notes being sent out to clients now have the Date in the File name.

With respect to the clearing charges, the issue has been reported to our team, and they are working to resolve it.

Thanks @Kshiteesh_Saralaya for the quick fix in the contract notes naming.

Since you are inside the organization, I would request you to please help me understand why the fixing of wrong clearing charges in contract notes has not been done quickly.

The issue is now pending for more than 3 months and is affecting every equity futures trader on zerodha.