Fed decision today

So how the traders preparing with their trade and positon today? Short …Long?

look at Nifty Option Chain. Every one is scared to write calls and puts. most squared off positions. Since Nifty making down trend can not tell what will happen.

but Nifty Sept Premium is at 27. It means Bullish.

I kept Two Lots Long Oct Fut, Two Lots 10200 CE shorts, one lot 10000PE Short.

if FED rises rates mean US economy is doing good that is good news for world economy. If it not raises means no worries for now. Both ways it is no matter for India.

We have Our Own problems. Market was raising from 7800 when FII were continuously selling till 31st Jan 2017. so no need to worry. Traders will jump in and buy if there is sharp fall. Many sitting with Cash ion Hand.

I just shorted 2 lots future on one of the bank. Logic: Fed may not say anthing new and just deliver wht market expects. Then FIi/ DIi may sell the news then after a while traders may jump in n buy the dip

Lets see tommorrow

Retailers hold the market these days.

1 Like

I have two lots in banknifty long positions. FED policy decisions would be very good for world economy or it would not have much impact.

1 Like

FII lost clout in Indian markets. Thanks to DEMO.

in the last twenty days FII selling continuously.
Still market going up.

1 Like

FIIs all talk goody goody things on TV and quietly selling like hell. Will it continue
Btw. What app is this…good data

It is Stock Edge. EOD analysis.

Look at the exhorbitant rise in Nifty PE. Its only second in rank compared to 2008 PE when it was 28+ and then crashed to 12 odd. When market will crash (as its only liquidity driven rally) due to no strong fundamentals, retailers / minnows /sips & all small traders like u and me will say good bye to market for atleast next 5 years. Close observation of state of Economy depicts its clearly in pathetic condition, GDP growth at slowest (Even lower than UPA mess), Petrol diesel price at highest level – even when crude was at 110 $ per barrel we didnt see these prices, jobless growth, no opportunities to invest (FD & RDs should be officially declared dead as they are in coma). So innocent people are just investing in SIPs. Fund Managers have to invest this money so buying any possible stocks (may not be even 1/10th eligible) . Sooner this will wade through petty excuse not related to our country. Moral of the story… Dont underestimate power of FIIs… They are market makers/ shrewd foxes !! All the best :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good fundamental view of the market

@haribabu what’s the difference between CM provisional and Cm Sebi?

Correction will be there but not like the one we had in 2008 also if you see in that chart the difference between the median PE and Nifty is smaller than the difference in 2008 and do remember 2008 was a big crisis which had a large impact on financial markets all over the world. With stocks like HDFC twins and private sector banks and the weightage some of these heavyweights have in Nifty a correction of more than 10-15% is almost impossible. So we might see a fall but the broader picture is not as gloomy as you are imagining it to be.

1 Like

In 2008 we were pumping money into real-estate market. Prices shoot up to five times from 2003 - to 2007 thanks to Golden Quadrilateral Road Works.

This govt always initiated similar Sagaramala project which will drive economy. BUT, our PM loved Bullet Train more than this project so…

Now we are seeing reverse flow from real-estate to stock. Market. Now in Real Estate you can not sell more than buy price. My friend is unable to sell his house for last two years in posh locality despite reducing price 25%.

More over cash economy vanished due to crack down on Black Money. With GST recovering is getting delayed.

About 30% drop in Restaurants sales after GST. people are scared of spending their unaccounted money.

This will halt nifty sliding to some extent.

I think CM SEBI means consolidated investment by FII both in primary and secondary markets.

CM provisional may be only secondary market info.
I am not sure about that.

After FED decision.

If FED off loads bonds it will lead to rise in yields in US. that is good news for India. In dollar terms India is still attractive in bond markets.

You Know what this article says and what happened to Indian markets after that. Article dated 18/11/2016.

This proves how media cooks news to favor FIIs.

1 Like

Market has found excuses

1. First LTCG : Difficult to estimate the impact as Rs. 1 lakh exemption is available. Still long term investors may want to sell before March 31 and buy post April 1 setting of the trigger for correction.

2. (Trade War - Indian contribution to US imports is measly 2% of total US Imports :blush: but is expected to be victim of trade war fallout). We have entered correction zone (Source:http://www.business-standard.com/article/markets/stocks-enter-correction-zone-sensex-slumps-3-686-points-since-january-29-118032301339_1.html) as we are 10% down from Recent High of 29th Jan 2018 showed PE of 27.71 and now we are at 24.38.

PE as on 29th Jan 2018 (before the correction began)

Current PE –

https://invst.ly/6-f5f
If this is just a technical correction on long term bull market then 9900 - 9450 could be strong support zone or else lets see where market wants to stop now. Stay safe & Happy Investing and Trading. :wink:

1 Like