Feedback to Zerodha

I agree, I don’t use UPI apps and I find them shady as well, there should be an alternative available for applying for IPO. Why not directly pledge the amount from the trading account?

Hello @nithin @ShubhS9 @Meher_Smaran @nithin_kumrr
Well tried creating a new conversation but it showed this topic already exists so I’ll use this only.
Are there any plans/updates to use NSE IFSC and enable customers to Invest/trade the international markets?
And I don’t see Groww’s name on the list of brokers approved to trade the US Markets by NSE IFSC then how do they provide such services, if they can then what’s stopping Zerodha from it?

Do you guys invest in international markets? @Jason_Castelino @AlgoEye @viswaram @ANKIT_T @Prakashsingh @t7support

1 Like

Nope. I don’t.

1 Like

Nah. I don’t.

1 Like

@Chetan_Nahata
I am currently in USA and I have traded both US and Indian market. Both markets are very different in terms of instruments as well as strategies. If you have any specific questions I can answer.

1 Like

I Agree on this.

We had dropped the plans after the Govt introduced 20% TCS on all remittances under LRS. That is, if you send $100, you can invest only $80 and claim the $20 refund only after end of the year. But now that for the first Rs 7lks, it is 5% and then 20% only after that, we are thinking about it again.

9 Likes

I do very low quantity through Mon 100, ETF ,Mutual funds etc. There are FOF tracking Nasdaq, Heng seng , S&P 500.

Some people buy usdinr futures as well to hedge against currency depreciation.

Actually, investing in other countries makes only sense when our currency is depreciating.If you remove currency components then our markets relatively gives more or less same returns in short term what other markets does .

1 Like

No I do not and neither I intend in near future. Investing in international markets is a headache

And do you guys do or intend to invest in corporate bonds?

Hi @nithin Funds are withdrawn only in the default bank account. I have opened 3 different bank accounts. I want to withdraw in them as per my wish. Many brokers offer the option of choosing a bank account for withdrawing funds.

1 Like

I think this won’t be included anytime soon for security reasons as even if your account get’s unauthorized accessed funds are still safe since funds can only be withdrawn to primary bank account

3 Likes

I am getting conflicting views on USDINR & CNYINR trajectory - until that is inline, i am not planning to do any out-of-india strategies !

1. People say india will be a super power soon, if that is the case then INR has to appreciate !

2. People also say china will overtake US economy soon, if yes then Yuan will appreciate against USD & Yuan against INR.

If both of them happens then China will be a better play than US.

When my friends were onsite in the 2007-2010 period when i had a day job, USDINR was around 40 to 45. If those guys kept the USD in a locker, it would have gone up 2x.

Fast forward next 10 years. If USD goes to 160 - it makes sense to move the money to US. But if it goes back to 40 then the investments we made in US stocks will only have 50% value (of course the appreciation or depreciation in the stock value will be there too). So you are literally taking a chance by following the FAD, wherein investing outside is some cool thing.

Maybe some credible research agency will provide a easy-to-believe trajectory soon & I could capitalize !

2 Likes

Not interested

It is a large security issue for us to allow fund withdrawals to any bank account mapped. If other brokers allow this, I am surprised how they are okay with taking it. Unlikely that we will do anything here.

8 Likes

Earlier IFSCA and SEBI products could not be grouped under single app, per your previous communication. Has that been resolved or we will see 2nd app for US investing from Zerodha?

Also, please bring this product ASAP, been waiting since 2020-2021 as I want all products under same roof (Zerodha).

We still don’t have answers to any of this.

Is there any increase in brokerage implemented in zerodha? .I have 2 trading accounts,
In my wife trading account, I have 2 executed orders on 6th July and I was charged 60 rupees brokerage , which is 20 rs more. yesterday being expiry I left the options to expire. On my trading account I have 3 orders executed, and left 2 strikes to expire and I should be charged 80rs brokerage, instead I was charged 20rs additional. created a ticket #20230707497814 [only for one account]. Did I miss any announcements by zerodha regarding brokerage charges?

If the option expires ITM, then brokerage is levied on both sides (entry and exit).

For contract expires OTM, only one side is levied for brokerage, i.e. entry order (no brokerage for exit order).

Visit: What happens if the option contract is not squared off on the expiry date?

1 Like

Sorry, my bad. I had been into trading for the last 4 years with zerodha, never knew this.