Financial vs technical

Suppose i want to buy 10 midcap stock worth RS 10,000rs(TEN THOUSAND ONLY) for swing trading based on weekly chart .

Now do i have to do fundamental analysis or i can buy it based on 40 day moving average, macd and supertrend indicator? since if the trend goes wrong i will sell it by seeing heiken ashi chart.

If fundamental analysis is must then is moneycontrol is enough for such a small amount of investment or annual report, quarterly report all should be read first.

Any good indicator for long term investment that you use plz suggest?
Any financial criteria that should be added to screen fundamentally strong stock?

there is no short term or long term indicator which can make you profitable. you have to learn to trade or invest as you learned how to study or how to speak? No single person can make you profitable except you. so try to learn before investing your money. you can start from Zerodha Varsity which is very good initiative by Zerodha. So plz dont trust any tip or advisory they can give you profit once or twice but in long term you have to learn or invest in MFs please.

1 Like

No long term indicators??? plz click

Not asking for tip brother, question is about something else

Good if you can find a indicator which can you profit. If it would have been possible then everybody who knows about indicators should be a successful trading career. But unfortunately that is not possible. But if you felt bad for what I said then ignore my words.

Thanx

I am not feeling bad, no indicators is perfect but they do help in making buying and sell decision.
I do believe that tips are not correct 100% of the times. They are just recommendations.
I am just asking that do intraday indicators and monthly chart indicator are same. Which indicator work best on monthly and weekly charts.
Swing traders need to do fundamental analysis??
I am still learning so no point of feeling bad:slight_smile:

You can focus on fundamentals like PE, PEG, Debt-to-Equity ratio, RoE and RoCE, and also cash flow on which @Karthik has made a video available here.

ADX indicator can tell you if there is a trend and if it is worth following. Do use it along with other indicators which you have mentioned.

Moneycontrol data is not that helpful for fundamental analysis (this is my understanding, you can differ) check screener.in & valueresearchonline.com

Good Luck!

2 Likes

see,
for swing trading: swing trading is duration from 2 days to several weeks, so doing fundamental analysis depends on the person.
the fundamental analysis is done when you are investing in long term. say a year or more than that till whenever you like to hold the stock.
for swing trading, you can do technical analysis and fundamental analysis also
but short fundamental analysis is recommended by me for swing trading.
for doing short fundamental analysis, following are the most important ratios:
pe ratio, it should be less than 12 for best qualtiy stocks
price to book value ratio
and the dividend yield.
these are the three main ratios. you can have a quick view of some of the main ratios on the very reliable sites like reuters.com and morningstar.in. they are good sources than the moneycontrol, but yes moneycontrol is also good from the news and future annnouncements point of view.
along with the above slight fundamental analysis, you can do technical analysis also.
good luck with your trading.

1 Like