Freakish trigger of stoploss

Hi, has anyone suffered the freakish spikes in far OTM strike prices on index weekly expiry days leading to trigger of stoploss. It happened with FINNIFTY and SENSEX weekly expiries in this week. Can anyone suggest a way to avoid such abnormal triggering of stoploss ?

It’s pretty common on expiry days. You can monitor spot on expiries instead.

1 Like

Thank you Sir,
I was also thinking of not putting stop-loss on expiry dates.
Regards.

Yeah man, the whole market is rigged. SUcks.

1 Like

This week had lot of freak trades that too in whole series in opposite legs in Finnifty and sensex expiries and its freaker of the freakiest i have ever seen .I think SLM are blocked but it seems something had changed in exchanges that led to this.

@Tradingqna @nithin . I feel these should be investigated both by nse and bse .can you please highlight this concerns to exchanges.

1 Like

eg: This is todays sensex almost 1400 points away and it was liquid today with almost 40K quantity on buy sell . it Went to 40 that to with upward move in index . Similar case happened with finnifty from .4 to 40 ( finnifty also highly liquid)

Today is no finnifty expiry and still we have freak trades .

Why sudden rise in Freak trades from last week, now we are even geeting in ATMs

@Tradingqna Please raise this with exchanges its getting serious issue

This happened in multiple strikes when FN moved ~0.4% suddenly

yeah it fell around .25 % 1 min candle then recovered back in next 2 mins. Its crazy how options are behaving !!