Free Kite Connect subscription for active users

Starting October 2026, we are waiving the Kite Connect API subscription fee for active traders.

Users who generate ₹2,000 or more in brokerage during a calendar month will receive ₹500 in Kite Connect developer credits, which will be applied towards the subscription fee for the following month.

For more details, please refer to the Kite Connect forum announcement.

5 Likes

Only the following month?

Yes, going forward we will follow the same process every month.

1 Like

Could have calculated for sept and given for Oct :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, we did do this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

so in SEP, my brokerage is 3K+, i should see 500 credit, right? not there though.

Can you DM @Sravanthi_Bh your client ID to check?

1 Like

Only for paid users. Right ?

Suggestion: Calculate it quarterly, at a minimum, if possible. I had 7K+ in brokerage from July to September, but in the last 30 days, it’s only been 1.7K.

2 Likes

Yes. The ₹500 Kite Connect subscription waiver is applicable to users who meet the eligibility criteria as active paid users.

What do you mean by Active Paid Users? What Exactly is this Criteria?

those who were paying 500/- per month (for API) before this 2K brokerage spend/M idea came along.

I pay around 1k-1.5k in brokerage in an average month. This 2k threshold at a subconscious level will encourage me to trade more, which ironically will be against @nithin and zerodha 's philosophy. Is there a specific reason for using this 2k number?

PS: I’m not 100% serious, hope you all see the lighter side of it. I think the broader trading community is appreciating the gesture :raising_hands: :raising_hands:

2K works out to 100 executed orders per month which is reasonable to warrant API access for data. Orders API is free anyway.

I generate far more orders a month.

For users like me, their infra should also scale. I wouldn’t want thousands of users loading the server and causing lag because they’re not covering cost. It’s already happening with some other brokers.

Issue was raised and ignored:

So what about someone new… Like I never brought this Subscription but was beginning to explore trade automation, at what point do I become eligible for this thing??

the same way we all started.

this recent era is spoilt with choices :slight_smile: i’ve been around even before this forum started. there was another forum where Z ppl would hang out. There is no shortcut to life. back then no one even gave free data.

When sensibull came, i remember paying subs for it too.