give 5 to 10 stocks which are under valuation and has potential to grow in next 2 years

give 5 to 10 stocks which are under valuation and has potential to grow in next 2 years and stocks which nobody is talking about .

1 Like

https://www.screener.in/screens/2608/undervalued-stocks/

Market Capitalization >200 AND
Return on invested capital > 15 AND
Price to Earning < 5

1 Like

any 5 stocks u would recommend under 300

Hi Vishal , this is not a good perspective

If you want to buy cashew nuts you have to buy cashew nuts or since itll come for less than 300 will you buy mangoes?

It seems you are newbie , i would suggest start SIP and keep your targets very longterm say 5 years .

If you really want to participate directly buy Nifty and gold.
Nifty - either HDFC nifty 50 , sbi nifty 50 etfs
Gold - SGB

why gold for a newbie

No one told me importance of gold when i started 10 years back i still regret . I should have bought atleast 10-20 % of portfolio every year .

So that whenever Nifty is down during cyclical years of every 4-6 years , we can sell gold and buy Nifty / high probable stocks .

Also gold hardly allows your portfolio to go into negative territory especially corona like times .

Understood but few experts tell that gold did not give any returns over extended period of time. Gold they say is used as an hedge but not really for investment. Also gold comes into play when u have a substantial portfolio size and not when u are starting

The main argument they say is gold by itself does not produce anything by itself but linked to usd

One other thing they say is if a resident indian wants to hedge against inr depreciation towards usd then gold is great. If you have children who want to study abroad they say buy gold as this is a good hedge against falling INR

All of the above from Anand rathi interviews

The exception could be gold ac or bonds which gives 2 percent return

True

Gold didn’t give any positive returns for a decade or so.

we are hijacking OPs thread…but

One way of looking at gold is currency of Alien planet which may or may not have co-relation with stock market.

yes… I think it can be generalized. Failing INR impacts everything in India also. If you have children who want to study abroad (or in India OR you need money after xx years) they say buy gold as this is a good hedge against falling INR

if one believes in this philosophy, it makes sense to keep some % of wealth in gold (say ETF)
Buy gold when stock market rise is more than gold , sell gold when gold rise more than stock to ensure fixed % at fixed frequency.

yes Gold SGB, is lucrative option.

This is the exact reason, why one shouldn’t have only single asset class in the journey of wealth accumulation.
In USA ,they saw a decade where stock market didn’t give any positive returns,

It’s simply not possible to predict future for layman like me.

Ah well… same here, what I can say, is that I learned importance of different asset classes only after I came out jaws of death somehow . I wish i could have leaned it 25 years ago!

This is y I trade in bullion and index options rather than investing (except for tax saving purposes till last FY)… :sweat_smile:

This is USD chart, I think in INR terms, the story is different.

Its the same. See here - Gold Price India

I mean in 2012 gold price in INR was 31000 and now its 62000 (double) but in dollar terms it was around 1900 USD in 2012 and approx. the same in 2023.

Am referring to this long period when gold didn’t give a positive return.