GOI Bonds purchase

last number are date when this T-Bill mature i.e. 19 Sep 2019 (This one has already matured)
Generally when fresh T-Bill is issued, an indicative yield is available on coin (or from when you buy) after that tracking it requires some effort. But yes CCIL is good source to check for T Bill yields.

This is how it is defined

1 Like

you are just thinking from margin perspective. But there are other risks.
7.15% G-sec is long dated security whereas others are short term securities.

long dated security carries duration risk. If interest rate continues to rise (like it is happening currently) it will result in loss of capital. So unless you intend to hold Gsec for its entire duration, you need to consider these risks.

2 Likes

Just want to confirm - if we buy Gsec thru idbi portal - it goes to our demat account and we can pledge them to get cash collateral margin correct?

@TradeB2B can you confirm this?

@curiousvi @pankushri yes its will go to your demate account only , and same you can pledge

2 Likes

And you can pledge to get collateral margin

Hi,

Kindly guide me in understanding if the GOI bonds have any broker limit from Zerodha to pledge. If yes the document “list of securities that can be pledged” doesn’t mention if the limit is reached on Zerodha. Kindly share some light.

Thank you

No boss. No limit. If it is there it will be mentioned.

1 Like

I want to buy longterm gsec now, pledge those to avail margin…do the regular trading and tarde those gsecs when their prices go up…is there a way I can do that?

Yes using Zerodha itself… E.g. Search for 699GS2051-GS, place a limit (or market) order and wait for it to get filled… Pledge them once in Demat, trade intraday or write options using that margin etc etc. And then wait for the interest rates to fall to book capital gains :wink: