Guys post your daily trading status

Love It. Damn Impressive. This is something I am trying to replicate for some time now but could not. May I ask how you pick a stock to trade ?

Simple. I have a strategy to catch trends.

When markets don’t trend , like most days. All i do is manage the risk. i.e Try my best to reduce the risk.

The idea is to keep low volatility and high returns on your trading account.

Hardest part is keeping the volatility low in your trading account. Thats where most of the work goes.

So for e.g if i take 10 setups and i risk 1% on each setup. My total risk when all positions are on is 10% of trading a/c. Now your job is to keep bringing it down as much as possible by end of the day. So even if you lose on all your positions and manage to lose just 1 or 2% of a/c , thats a win in my book.

The rest , trends take care.

Pick any of the trending strategies that you are comfortable with and pick the stocks.

Having said that, Managing risk should be TOP priority than picking stocks or picking/Changin strategies.

The reason i pick trend strategies over sideways strategies is in trend strategies you get the most effective R/R ratio and probabilities.

i win like 5 or 7 days a month, the rest of the days are losers, but manage to make around 10-15% a month. Depending how volatile each month is. Some are good , some low volatile months.

2 Likes

Got it. Thanks for explaining in detail. Keep posting everyday and good luck.

Exited too early !!

Damn ! Broke rule and cant trade anymore. Done for the day. :expressionless:
It hurts to sit out expiry day but cant keep doing mistakes.

sold 30300CE today, running profits of 4,750

past two days there was not much time decay , today was good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

profit of ~23k ( ~1% of capital) in expiry trade today. Market was volatile but could manage well. 30200 CE of bnf tricked multiple times and made SL hit many times. profit reduced because of last 30 mins movements but still decent profit .
video of today’s whole day trade is captured having profit of ~1% capital (~23k) . experience and learn expiry trade even on highly volatile days starting at just 100/- rs by watching this video .
for details DM

at https://twitter.com/rohit_murari

~made 3.5L in the Feb series. Last 2 weeks were not good.

2 Likes

Morning there was fear among everyone , so IV shot up so I was scalping by only selling

PS : note that I have portfolio level stop loss in cloud.

I dont do positional

try opstra , option oracle

2 Likes

@vishnux , Hi , i am not able to search bank nifty 5th mar 28500 pe option !(which you short today) image|690x295

i can see monthly options but not weekly …

is there a different way to see weekly options in zerodha kite ?

also, one more point, what do u mean by portfolio level stop loss in cloud…
as per my understanding, it means , even if you are not in front of screen OR your PC is off and market goes against your direction then SL in cloud will execute & save your capital. Is cloud SL is not similar to normal SL ?
I am curious to know the difference.

48%20PM

Its custom coded SL , it continuously monitors my total profit loss rather than profit loss of individual scrips , if total loss exceeds my limit , it closes all positions.

1 Like

Done for the day

Got 1.1% with Rs.3843

up 1.2% today.

2 Likes

how much % you got and how much you traded?