Has anybody you know quit trading forever because of losses?

Yes, there are many such news every month. U need to do a little bit of online search.

I have done one for you: http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/telangana/2017/sep/18/six-of-a-family-in-telangana-commit-suicide-by-consuming-poison-1659011.html

yes. i know. many people takeout their lives in trading circles. one of the reasons is - they stretch themselves too much, financially, psychologically. they forget the basic thing- never put the money you dont want to loose.

But zerodha versity is very boring . any other links for that same

1 - If you are having a full time job then please concentrate on the same and give 100% to it. Donā€™t even try to think of leaving your job and do trading fulltime. Market is going NOWHERE.

2 - Do paper trading of your strategy (after coming home from office) for at least 6 months with the same capital which you intend to deploy once you actually start trading. Try to be profitable for at least 5 months (Overall you should be in a profit).

3 - From your salary income do a mutual fund SIP for 20-25 years and keep aside some portion as capital for trading in the near future.

4 - In the interim you can do market research, read news related to markets, track markets and gain knowledge. There are lots of stuff free available on internet. Invest your quality time doing this.

5 - Avoid tips

Happy Learningā€¦

2 Likes

Which platform do you recommend for that?
Zerodha should think about this as it will train more traders and eventually they will make more money.
Kind of evangelism :slight_smile:

seen so many guys who started trading and left the market after burning their hand

Considerable amount of time needs to be spent for getting used to anything.
Try ChartSchool. (http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school)

1 Like

One of my friend was trading in in eq fno and crude,after he pulled up his ledger and he saw he had lost nearly several lakhs of rupees ,then he realised there is no way to make money in marjets and he stopped tradig now he belives in saving and frugality and he seems to learnt to live with his salary.

1 Like

I have lost more than 3L and stopped trading for some time. I am focused more on investing than trading. I have recovered all my losses from other sources (with less than 1 hour per month work). So, might return to trading, might not. Not sure.

1 Like

Good to read that you have recovered your lossesā€¦What did you do exactly the work that you are saying 1 hour per month. Hope it is not network marketing :slight_smile:

Affiliate marketing. Recovered in a time frame of 5 months.

1 Like

I have many examples where people have become rags just because of trading
I have seen many people have wrong assumption that Stock market is the way to become rich and double your money in short span of time. But, they neglect the study and patience requires to excel in stock market.
THATā€™S WHY THEY SAY 90 % OF TRADERS LOOSE MONEY !!
First thing is the ā€œSUCCESSā€ in trading cannot be judged on daily or monthly basis. It is a long process and cummulative profit of one year needs to be takenā€¦
I suggest to do study before entering into the market as it i not everyoneā€™s cup of tea to become successful in a market.

1 Like

Zerodha can think about insurance scheme to its customers, where incase of losses insurance can compensate.

2 Likes

i was introduced to investing 1-1.5 year back and till date iā€™m a satisfied investor. I started positional trading by buying options this year march-feb made a little profit. Result it boosted my confidence and i started buying options with more volume i loosed more than 50,000 total (trading in month april,may,june,july) I left trading and best part i recovered from investing. Iā€™m a very happy investor and believe in investing in share. Because investing is not a time bound task you have unlimited time period to keep your stock in ups and down. But in time based trading performance decrease with the time limit. I never have true faith in technical chart and pattern, for me it is useless.
investing works for me 6-7 times out of 10. I have no strong will to trade again not because i fear from it, because i have no faith in it.
i bough OIL india few month back when prices were falling and till date iā€™m keeping it with profit more than 35%. I could have gone with oil future but i think keeping things simple and easy works for me. I canā€™t predict the future neither you guys <3

2 Likes

lol ā€¦ seriously

3 Likes

Ya ok. I can do it. Insurance premium (after spl discount for you ) is 3X margin in case of futures & 50% stock value in case of cash.

1 Like

Trading is same as any other business, in fact, 90% Of Startups/business Fail. Trading is all about managing risk, The More you risk, the more reward you will see. That doesnā€™t mean you should trade with Full Margin.

I have Been trading for seven years, my initial days at Prop floor taught me how to be a great trader and how to manage risks, I came across many successful traders who trade for a living.

I know a guy who lost 5L trading commodities, Futures. I donā€™t understand why people straight away hit bigger lots; they have mini lots for noobs.

2 Likes

I did many times.
But after each six month I am back with my savings from salary.
Basically you could quit trading either you have bankrupt or you died.

If youā€™re really interested in trading and interested in learning the art of tradingā€¦ Start you day trading in Crude Mini ā€¦ The loss or profit max can be in multiples of ten rupees plus you get to trade in a volatile environment which will really help you to understand the markets and all diff oscillators and indicatorsā€¦ Just give it a try but mind you crude mini onlyā€¦

Good luck