Help me with reliance f&o

I sold 1 lot reliance 2600 pe at 68 and bought it back at 151 it was a swing trade now i want to know my actual loss ?? Is it 20750 or 37600 confused
Because I book the loss at 20750 but in my daily contract and P & L it’s showing 37000+ of loss

1 Like

Hey. With reference to your query, if you have just sold at 68 and brought back at 151, then your actual loss would be Rs.20,750 for 1 lot of Reliance.

If you are checking the P&L report, you must have selected other dates as well, in this case, your P&L report will show a consolidated loss for all the trades you have made in reliance. You can verify that once.

No sir it’s not the total amount it’s just 1 lot amount

Did you squared off your overnight short position?

So whenever you sell/write options the premium received will get credited to your trading account on the same day, and while you are sqauring-off your short position, you are required to pay the premium as you are buying back the contract.

In this case, with reference to the screenshot which you have attached, you have brought the 250Qty for the price of Rs.151.50, so the net debit from your account was Rs.37,875 (Rs.151.50*250Qty).

If you have shorted for Rs.68, you would have received the premium of Rs.17,000 and the same would have been already credited to your account. While you have squared-off your overnight position, you have paid a total premium of Rs.37,875, so your P&L is Rs.20,875.

Hope this clarifies.

1 Like

it’s clear that my loss is 20k+ not 37k thank you sir for the way you explained :blush::rose:

1 Like