[Help] Questions about IPO

Hi everyone. I am getting this message after I had applied for Devyani IPO

Hello! UPI Mandate could not be revoked. <VH/VH>.Axis Bank

What does this mean ? When will I get my money back ?

This could be a technical error from the bank’s end, should be re-attempted again. Sometimes certain banks may not complete revocation until the mandate end date. You can raise a request with your bank to release the funds anytime after the allotment date.

We’ve explained this here.

do brokers get benefit / incentives if client apply for IPOs with them ?

e.g. : if I apply for the IPO ; with zerodha demat then zerodha will get some incentive . BUT . if i apply IPO with upstox demat then upstox will get some incentive !

is this true ?

if yes . then . as a client ; which and whose demat should i choose so that i can also get a slice in the cake ?

Yes generally a small commission is paid to broker who brings in successful applications.

No the broker you applied through will get commission and not the demat account which you used. In most cases that would be same, but can be different too.
eg. If you apply through SBI bank using ASBA then SBI gets commission, regardless of which demat account you used.
If you are directly applying through Zerodha or Upstox they will get it

Seriously dude, you want a slice of that tiny portion of cake? These commissions are minuscule and are published in offer document.

Following example:

Again this tiny amount is shared between multiple parties in value chain (syndicate members, brokers, sub-brokers etc).
So when you make an application for 15K and are allotted, broker might get 10-15 rs.
You want a slice of that cake?

When IPOs are doubling money on listing, if you are worried about how to recoup 0.1% commission, maybe you are looking at wrong cake.

Who is paying this ? And money thus paid is borne by whose pocket ? Shareholders or promoters ?

But what is the role of broker .
?
In fact; my bank helped me for UPI and ASBA .
then in that case , ideally , banks should be given incentives . Right ? Then why broker is paid incentives?

But . What if i apply through ASBA ?

if I apply for the IPO ; with zerodha demat then zerodha will get some incentive . BUT . if i apply IPO with upstox demat then upstox will get some incentive !

is this true ?

if yes . then . as a client ; which and whose demat should i choose so that i can also get a slice in the cake ?

What if i apply through UPI ?
AND what if i apply through ASBA by mentioning zerodha demat account on the form ?
In these cases what will happen?

Also . I have heard that ASBA applicants have higher chances of allotments compare to UPI applicants .

Is this true ?

Also . Pls tell me
I have 5 demat accounts with 5 different brokers.

Can i apply the same IPO in all these accounts to increase the higher chances of allotments?

Who are they ? How do i become a syndicate member?

What if i make applications for 2 lakhs ? And there are crores of ruppes application made. Right?

So . What is wrong if i ask . How do i get the slice of the cake ?

Looking at your questions, you need to do lot of research and understand IPO process first.
Worry about commission later.