Holding some Bonds in my demat

I hold some RHFL N2 bonds in my portfolio. Can someone guide me about how the interest and principal payments will work on this bond .

what is the ISIN .

INE217K07AC4 . Is the isn which I found on nse website

https://www.reliancehomefinance.com/documents/20142/148279/January+4%2C+2019_Disclosure+under+Regulation+57(1)+of+SEBI+(Listing+Obligations+and+Disclosure+Requirements)+Regulations%2C+2015.pdf/4e3d990d-6ed4-2046-4b00-7f10fb941c84

from the above it is clear that the bonds are yearly payment bonds as last interest at 8.9% was made in January 2019 and will now mature in January 2020.

1000 face value bond available at 890 plus only around 6 month for maturity with 8.9 % interest !

1 Like

I bought it at 800! Should I add more to it .

Frankly speaking i will not buy these bonds as there is no surety that maturity payment will be made on time . i do hold bonds of LML ltd (lohia machines ltd ) and preference shares of Essar steel ltd without any maturity payment .

How much yield you are getting on preference shares

Also are they convertible to equity shares after maturity

still hold certificates of ESSAR STEEL 0.01% cumulative redeemable preference share each of rs 10 suppose to be redeemed in October 2017 but prematurely redeemed in December 2007 . never got redemption amount ( no question of dividend as it was cumulative )and many e mails to registrars were not responded . not converted to equity .

That means you have also lost money in your bonds of Lohia machines ltd.
Haven’t you contacted with your broker or raised complaint against those companies.

how broker is concerned that too during physical share era . moreover loads of complaints even to sebi that time as usual always get a ( even till last week against RESL ) monotones response : case is disposed off since the complaint is against a sick company .
it means sebi will entertain complaints only against good companies !

I am always amazed when I see people who just invest in some asset without almost any previous knowledge about that asset. Investment should have a goal ahead the investment is made where risks are well understood and controlled.