How about a protest strike against SEBI's proposed Networth decision?

I am not a newbie, I have started in the stock market since 2012, when I opened my first demat account. I am mad because I have overcome many barriers to be where I am right now and the thing is I WILL be hit with this rule because I have ZERO to show as networth as I didn’t take time to build one.

I am sure there are many like me who will finally get cast out by this “Master Stroke” of SEBI.

In all these years I have learned one thing the hard way. Nobody cares for your troubles if you don’t do. So whether there is support or not, I shall do whatever I can on personal level to overcome this.

Otherwise there is always some other opportunity. It will not be my loss if I or many like me stop trading due to this rule, but it will be the loss of stock market because previously government itself created campaigns to improve market participation, make it easy for the retail traders to invest. Now they are shunning it.

Once this group moves out, I don’t think they will be coming back. Especially those who experience this double sided nature of government and SEBI.

4 Likes

You’re right …once the smaller traders are restricted from participating the liquidity will reduce considerably and big players will find it difficult to dump when they want to exit … currently most of them are exiting at peaks and bottoms and handing over the baton to the inexperienced traders … so now they too will face liquidity problems because the persons they were earlier handing over will no longer be there …so they will now play among themselves and fleece each other

2 Likes

Exactly… Me too started some years ago after finishing college and pursuing trading for a living… How can i show any networth… Only recently this trading business is showing signs of positiveness after 2 - 3 years of learning all sorts of tricks of the market and getting punished as usual… And now SEBI is turning its ugly head…

5 Likes

The Media has taken up the issue on behalf of the Retail Traders, so most likely this agenda might not to be rolled out.

This decision of SEBI, is now a expected event for Retail Traders. Expected events normally unfold their own solutions as it happens.

its not the foreseen hindrances that is real the threat to individual retail traders, its those unexpected events that wipe the retail traders out of their savings or livelihood. .

Even if this decision is implemented, the markets will open up their own solutions to keep the retail participation at the same level. The Stock Markets will never give up their luring power to bring in more retail participation.

3 Likes

Long Live Stock Markets !!! Go away stupid SEBI rules !!!

3 Likes

Taxes, markets and democracy go together.

1 Like

Is it in the news or print media? Just curious… Can you point to the article/news source? Thank You :slight_smile:

2 Likes

SEBI must be around, Mr Manish. When you find time please go through this article.https://www.moneylife.in/article/nse-algo-scam-ldquowhy-is-a-forensic-firm-like-ey-incapable-of-drawing-conclusions-from-obvious-findingsrdquo-asks-sebirsquos-technical-advisory-committee/55034.html

And when You find time go through this as well. It is no more just news and speculation, it’s out in the open. Those who are not ready, should have time to prepare for the impact.

1 Like

Did anyone try to contact Ravish Kumar … someone suggested that he has the capacity to turn sebi to bcci

[email protected]

@ravishndtv on twitter

I already posted to him.
So can others if they feel his support can help.

2 Likes

Retailers must boycott markets for 2-3 days and show SEBI who we are !

2 Likes

Can be easily achieved if the Discount Brokers are convinced and join hands with the retailers!

It will make national news and create a platform for us to chronologically voice out our concerns.

2 Likes

Its good then. Our voice might be heard by SEBI directly. And they may come to reasonable conclusions other than doing stupid stuffs.

2 Likes

I have another idea. Lets not do anything. Because at the moment it might be difficult getting people together and onbaord this agitation. My sub-broker/AP doesn’t even know there is news about this upcoming regulation, let alone know about SEBI paper.

Once this rules gets implemented, everyone will know automatically. It is then that we can effectively build a large group to voice our protest.

For now just try to spread the news about the issue. That would be fairly easier thing to do. I think we are accumulating enough resources through different people on forums. Lets aggregate that and create a propaganda paper where everything is put in an organized manner and then distribute it among all affected parties.

1 Like

Idea is good …people will come together when it will start hurting

Its better to protest before the rules get implemented even.

2 Likes

im frm goa, can i be of any help? if yes plz whatsapp me 8805300233

It is one thing to bring up an idea and another thing altogether to fight against the government. There is too much politics. You wouldn’t want your dirty laundry being exhibited in the public.

Rememebr, what happened to even Baba Ramdev back in the congress days. It really requires a very strong organisation, leadership etc. make a successful protest.

Leave alone that we are not even organized. Retail traders are a scattered lot. How do you think you are going to bring them together.

If you just make a small group and fail, they will bring even harder rules, knowing there is nothing and no one to oppose them.

Unless you have time, energy and resources, don’t think too much. You will just be hurting yourself more.

Rather work on creating awareness about this issue. Mass movements cannot be created, they take shape by themselves, when people come to know about the issue and agree with acceptance and are also motivated enough to contribute something to the movement.

2 Likes

I agree.

It’s just an illusion created by change.org. Basically, you might be 172th one to sign. Currently the count is 220.

I too signed it three days back and I was 106th one to sign.