How did you trade today?

What a monster move on Nifty today.

Here’s an interesting graph

Number of days since we had a 5% move

Source

I had bought a bunch of Nifty 50 ETFs, today single day wiped almost all of my loss

What were your trades today?

1 Like

Very big intraday move today but traders should not forget that previous Friday closing was of 11085 and today’s closing is something about 11280 i.e 200 points up in a week , not very big deal except from huge intraday move after 10 years which also resulted in short covering. It would be interesting to see the movement of market in next weak

So, today one of those rare days, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me.

Just followed my Nifty trend following strategy with naked option buying.

2 Likes

Wiped out my entire 3 months profit :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wiped out my one year profit! Not a good day.

1 Like

Cheers for such a great day, can you throw some outlines regarding your trend following strategy ? How many days before did you create these positions ?

Opened my put position on 21 Feb. I was loaded on 17200 PE only today at market open. As part of my strategy I exit current strike and move to next strike when I make more than Rs.100 profit on current strike option. This locks in profit and reduces risk as market moves in my favour. As market moved today a lot multiple strikes were booked. Then we also had expiry day and so did a rollover to next week contract at last. That is why there are lot of trades than usual on the screen.

You can find the outlines of my strategy on my website.

2 Likes

That day , i just squared-off the long PUTs

1 Like

Apparently, I have been taking some delivery trades for not more than a week, and it seems to be good. Anyone here executing positional trades for 4-5 days can provide wisdom or share the trade? Cash specifically.

@Value_investor currently taken a position in NTPC. It has been in an exceptionally tight range for the last couple of days.

:raised_hands:

How you doin with this, still tight i see?

Had my luck on HDFCBANK for a 3-day trade. Very short term than I expected it to be. Also, these days not sure why, i am fearing HDFCBANK, haha.

It’s still tight. Still closing right above my entry at the moment.

2 Likes

Holding on won’t do any bad my guess

Got a chance to recover my past few losses but couldn’t reach my target.

1 Like

Slow and steady! Recovering at once will never happen. You lose, learn and then make. Thats what i have experienced. Would be nice of you to let everyone in the forum know the security you traded to cover up a bit of your losses, if you do not mind (not in terms of how much you made though)

NTPC moving from market open. 4%+ up. Will it hold?
Moving my stop to CTC now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it will. guess it is highly range-bound.

Also, shouldn’t have I kept some patience here? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahha, ouch. :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

I have never in my life seen NTPC move like this. This is quite parabolic.

Still riding the gains, booked out 70% of my trade qty today at 154.

2 Likes