How do I apply for the Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) buyback and when is the record date?

How to participate in TCS buyback

Swapnil you can buy shares on Monday. U will be eligible for buyback.

Postal ballot result is on 6 August and possibly a record date will be announced same day which may be about 6-110 working days after August 06. you can buy 2 working days before record date so as to remain eligible for buyback as and when it open.

any update?

@Shivam_Gupta : Record date is August 18 Saturday. august 15 is holiday for market august 17 is clearing & settlement holiday due to Parsi new year and august 18 is saturday.so you must buy maxium up to august 13 to be eligible for buyback.

1 Like

I have 90 TCS shares with one broker and 20 TCS share with another broker.
will i be able to participate in buy back offer?

if PAN is same it will be treated as 110 share application and very much possible that will be in General category ( above rs 2 lakh as per 17 august closing price) so better to sell or shift to another PAN 8-10 -12 shares to be on safer side and come in Reserved category where in 2017 buyback acceptance ratio was 100 %.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick reply.
PAN is same. What should i do?

either sell 10 or to be extra safe 12 shares by august 13 or transfer to other family member /friends account .the rs 2 lakh value be taken as per closing price of nse on august 17 and surely we do not know the same.

1 Like

Has anyone got email from the company yet ?

only record date has been announced …one will get mail after the schedule is announced which should be about 15 days after record date.

1 Like

Current price doesn’t offer any advantage for buyback. Please share your views.

buy @1960 sell 2100 do offer excellent arbitrage opportunity in short term assuming this year too as like last year acceptance ratio is 100 %.
yesterday itself MPHASIS too announced buyback @ 1350 per share wherein market price is 1145 .

1 Like

Thanks for the view. Please keep us updated about MPHASIS buyback too.

Generally how much time does it take to get money in our bank account after pledging shares for buyback?

@Shivam_Gupta : payment should be within 10 working days after closer of buyback .

what is the process in zerodha for buy back.
tcs announced 18 august 2018 buy back date, which is Saturday.
can i apply for buy back on 17th aug.

buyback not yet started . record date of 18 august is only to determine eligibility . there will be official announcement when buyback open assuming a around 15 days after august 18.

thank you sir.
i am first time applying in buy back.
i am surprised when it was clear in june that buy back will be on 2100/- then why its price is not bouncing quickly.
and can you suggest what will be shear price movement during buy back and after buyback.
and will it also effect the TCS future (FNO) price.