How do I apply for the Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) buyback and when is the record date?

Anoop they will not let price go above 2100 until buyback fully completed. You will receive buyback amount around Sep end or Oct start.
It will cross 2100 only after next qtr results on

U can re enter after giving ur current shares in buyback.

Buyback is not yet started

buyback of TCS should start in about 15 days .if you have bought by 13/08/2018 you will get an e mail when buyback start.

Did any one receive TCS buyback tender offer form ?

will you receive it by email or you will receive via regular mail?

and what is the deadline for submitting tender form to the broker?

and when will we know if our tender is accepted?

Buyback schedule not yet announced . should start in about 8-10 days .you will get the details by an e mail. .you do not need any tender form but your bse broker will do everything when you call him during schedule .

so do I need to call brokerā€¦or we can finish it online?

during the schedule of buyback offer at your broker level there will be a special window provided by BSE ( it was not there on NSE in 2017 buyback ) so it will open at his place only .you have to call him and place the order . i do not know if any broker is able to provide this facility online ?

Icici direct gives online buyback facility and for also takeovers. We have to select share and click buyback. It will then be blocked in demat account.

Did you read the post description? This has been answered.

First I want to make sure its legit email ā€¦it came from linkintime.co.in ā€¦is it legit?

now should I just sell at current price or go through this tender etc.?

I HAVE received TCS buyback tender offer form.
below is dtails

1. Details of Equity Shares held and tendered / offered in the Buyback:

Number of Equity Shares held as onRecord Date (August 18, 2018) ā€” 93
Number of Equity Shares Entitled for Buyback (Buyback Entitlement) ---- 41
Number of Equity Shares offered for Buyback (Including Additional Shares)

what is the Shares Entitled for Buyback? someone pl clear it!
it say special window will open in nse for buy back. when is that.
Untitled1_001|676x500

@anoopknegi : buyback open 6 September and close 21 September ,payment by October 03. if you want to offer your shares @2100 inform your intention to your broker by phone during this period.since you held 93 shares 41 shares will be confirm accepted but in all probability if you offer all 93 may be accepted . in 2017 buyback the acceptance ratio was 100 % and should be close to it this time too.

sir can i sell my 52 (93-41) shares in open market as open market price is 2070 and tender my 41 share to buy back. this seems safe.
and also advice when online buy back window will open. i have seen buyback option in zerodha back office site.

Anoop why do u want to sell at 2070? U can tender all ur shares in buyback. Mostly all will be accepted at 2100. Even when they reject say 10 shares , u can sell them in market in October by then market price will have crossed 2100.

So donā€™t haste now and sell at 2070. Please wait until sep 12th. By that time if market price is 2100 u can sell in open market itself

1 Like

Page 31 - from letter of offer -

" 20.21.8 In case of demat Equity Shares, submission of Tender Form and TRS is not required. After the receipt of the demat Equity Shares by the Clearing Corporation and a valid bid in the exchange bidding system, the Buyback shall be deemed to have been accepted, for Eligible Shareholders holding Equity Shares in demat form."

does this mean we donā€™t have to fill TENDER FORM AND TRS ?

2nd query is - on record date i had 90 shares in my demat ac, now i have only 60. so what will be by buyback entitlement ? is it 90x0.44 = 39 shares or is it 60x0.44= 26 shares ??

3rd query is - as per a youtube video we can apply for buyback via back office . i can see the option for buyback in backoffice but its not active yet . i guess it will be active on sep 6th .
again do we have to call zerodha office to place the offer ? do we have to send the tender form to zerodha ?

youtube link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA7OP-5kq9o [ watch the video in mute mode its has a stupid music]

1. buyback form is not required to offer shares in buyback but only your eligibility means if you had shares in your demat on 18 August you are eligible. call your broker during buyback period and offer your shares.
  2. you had 90 shares on record date and you sold 30 thereafter . no issue you can buy even now till 18 /19 September the 30 shares and offer all 90 in buyback or only 60 as you wish. in all probability all your offered shares will be accepted in buyback if you held 99 shares or less on record date.
  3. if online system is there to offer in buyback it is good otherwise also it is a simple phone call to broker.
1 Like

TCS is trading near to its buyback offer (2100). Is it wise to pledge shares for buyback ?

Hi all today TCS crossed 2100. I sold my shares at 2101 . now i was eligible for 16 shares in TCS buyback.

Question is if TCS goes down to say 2085 tomorrow. If i buy 16 shares again at 2085 can i give them in buy back?

Bcos i am eligible for 16 shares that was already determined will it matter if i sell and buy as many times as i desire before giving in buyback?

@ksksat : buyback closes on September 21 so you can buy till September 19 again to offer in buybackā€¦if you think your broker is not cooperative enough buy by 18 Septemberā€¦not only your eligible shares which were to be accepted firm you can offer all what you had on record date.

Buyback details on Zerodha
https://zerodha.com/marketintel/bulletin/194382/tata-consultancy-services-tcs-buyback

1 Like

i have some tcs share under small case holding so can i participate tcs buy back