How do you adjust your iron condors? What are the trigger points for adjustments?

@CoolBird Opposing views are catalysts for fruitful discussions. Thats how I think. Maybe its a personality thing. When I start a topic here, I want opposing views as long as its not personal, otherwise whats the point.

I can see you were trying to share, and I can also imagine how and why your strategy is successful, also sure you do it intelligently (and thats the edge). Thank you.

1 Like

@CoolBird in case of Far month specifically, you prefer put selling only or you do Strangle as well on Far Month (+3 month) expiry on Nifty ?

for far months, i take my view (have designed a system to detect trend intensity) & accordingly accumulate call/putā€¦most cases i sell puts for +1 mth or +2 or +3 wherever thereā€™s liquidity

Itā€™s the easiest and best way IMHO. You collect more premium so it lowers losses should it move out of the profit zone. I like Iron Condors and use them a lot. But they are known as easy to put on, have a high win rate, but are hard to manage if they go against you. Rather than trying to be an expert at managing them just do the simple thing and convert it to an iron butterfly. Spend your time learning other strategies like the Rhino or my favourite the 5 step strategy.