How do you react to a trading loss?

This is very helpful. Thanks!

It is not easy to handle your losses because i have face my share of them. My trick is that after i encounter a large loss, i stop trading for some time. I forget about trading. I start playing sports or going to the gym to blow some steam off.

2 Likes

One thing I learnt over the time in market.
One canā€™t be always right neither always wrong in trading.

This is how most traders react.

5 Likes

Well I can remember my self giving such reactions during my intial stages of trading. :slight_smile:

Feel jealous that i am not going to be bailed out like IL&FS

1 Like

Is there any solution for 2nd point??

One should have a predefined PnL in % based on free capital. And if any of the targets reached, stop there!!.

Example: My daily PnL goal is 8.0% profit and 3.5% loss.

1 Like

I have stopped day trading.
I now make profit in delivery trading only.
Maximum profit in a span of 1 week in delivery trading has been 240000
I am quite satisfied with this method.
Its the least stress method.

2 Likes

Very nice way of facing a situation

Do only delivery trading based on your experience of paper trading

2 Likes

Its better to go for ETF hedging against it.There is a video in learn app that shows how you can hedge these position.May be it would help you.

Agree 100%

Have you studied in risk management or setup randomly on your own suitable trading style?

Donā€™t turn this forum into Facebook, Insta.

There are other dedicated threads for this

1 Like

Sorry, saw the title of the thread and couldnā€™t resist. Btw, thatā€™s actually how I reacted to my loss, no lie.

I was checking my account and it seems like I made around 1.5k losing trades this year alone with around 3.3k winning trades. Iā€™m in profit at the end of the year. So whenever I make a loss I think of no matter what happens Iā€™ll be in profit at the end of the month if not year. So my advice is as long as you have a solid trade plan which works in the long run, just embrace your losses. Sometimes I make 7-10 losses in a row. I just donā€™t care anymore.

1 Like

It does happen alot when you borrow funds from mom especially

I observed you replying with memes in other threads as well, thatā€™s why I said not to turn such serious discussions to memefest.
Grow Up Man :grinning: