How good is leave job and doing full time trading

Its Good but the thing is first thing u have to learn lot of thing about the Market and Trade .For my opinion is that don’t quit Job, beside u can arrange time for the learn about the Market and then slowly enter the market .

If your job provides consistent salary every month, then, don`t do anything foolish like this. Moreover, small investors should completely avoid trading at this juncture.
Your question shows you are a novice!. Better, start small and staggering investment philosophy would give you decent returns slowly but steadily

Wish you a good investment season!

1 Like

Never do that bro. If you are 100% perfect making money then you can leave job. But nobody is sure about getting profit always. Its difficult to understand the market completly so you can not depend on trading money to run life.
When you start earning more than your salary per month from trading for 1 year then you can think about it.

2 Likes

There was a time when trading in the stock market was considered something only experts could do. But case is not same. With learning, one can easily become part of trading and can even go for full time trading.

There are many advantages of full time trader -

1. Flexibility
  2. Be your own boss
  3. Never stop learning
  4. Income
  5. Better work-life balance

Now when it comes to disadvantages there are lot of risks as well and leaving you job behind may not sound a happy go option.

If you are one who can manage trade and job together, I suggest you to go and become successful part time trader. Once you achieved confidence and goals, you can switch to full time trading

2 Likes

superrr motivational

Do not leave job learn trading for few months then start with some capital check if you are doing good with trading or not.
Even after that do your normal and I am sure you can execute trade in office hours and plan trades in off hours.
But DO NOT think about leaving job.

I don’t think so leaving a job and do full time trading is a great idea. This is possible once you become pro in Technical & Fundamental Analysis which is almost impossible as no one is perfect. I have read many times that stock market trading must be done only when you have handsome & extra money.

Try to figure out all the above points and then think of leaving a job and become full time trader.

Old question but since people started opening up,let me put my opinion too.

Do you ever need to ask someone if you should become a musician, a chef, an actor, a footballer, a pianist, a doctor? These professions require persistence and dedication and no nonsense work ethic. Why trading should be any different?

And If you still need to take opinions of others about your own path, then you are still unclear and yet to understand yourself.

If it’s about the money, forget it, you ll lose and burn up your motivation, soon enough.

So there is never a good answer. It’s how important the calling is in your life.

7 Likes

In my opinion, if one is really interested in full time trading then one should plan it accordingly.

Just like any other profession, we study the subject course for few years, then works with minimum salary. Then after few years, we get promoted or changed jobs & get salary hike.

Same goes with the trading. We should put some time (parallely) may be months or years to learn trading. Then start small & shouldn’t expect much. Just follow the process. Just trying to adjust yourself with market. Reading or flowing with the market.

So once you have small profitable trades, understanding of market then u can think to leave the job.

Here important point is, one should have sufficient funds (emergency funds, education funds, home monthly expenses funds ,etc) separately kept aside for initial few years when you are testing/trying full-time trading.
This should be separate from the trading capital that you want to use for trading.

Example, you have 20lakh, 10 lakh you keep for trading & 10 lakh for 2 years all expenses. And if for God sake , unfortunately trading not work out for you in 2 years then you should go back to your old profession.

With this plan, you will trade with free mind for next 2 years & maximum stop loss/risk would be if trading didn’t workout then you have to go to your old profession. But reward is huge. if you succeeded in this 2 years then for rest of the life, you don’t have to work for anyone else. You can work from anywhere, anytime, Depending on ur mood, plan, availability,etc.

It is not easy but yes it is possible.

6 Likes

What I experienced is to get into full time trading one need to have years of experience and have seen ups and down in terms of financially and psychologically as well then only one will know what can worst happen with you if plan doesn’t work the way you thinking.

And most importantly one should have huge capital like more than 60-70lacs, then only with minimum risk you can earn money to run your expensess.

@Venkatesh_Rao everyone will have their own opinion …

my best advice in your case is follow your instinct , no one knows you might become another jhujjhunwala.

I would rather become pennyless rather living mediocre , atleast you are trying better fail after trying .

best of luck for your full time trading career.

1 Like

Its not a right question to be put on open forum as not body know’s your background ,finance, your backup plan etc. Only you can do SWOT analysis and take that decision none on open forum can be near close .

2 Likes

Depends how much is your capital, expected return, cost of living, opportunity cost, etc.

1 Like

Hi guys. i have made the mistake as mentioned in this topic. Left the job in which I was not understanding new things. Started Trading from April 2021 and blown my account 2 times. I have zero funds. Now to get job in finance field, I did 2 NISM certifications named Series 8: Equity Derivatives and Series 15: Research Analyst. Still looking for jobs. Any suggestions what other things can i do right now?

With your two certifications, you could try to get a job on the sell side. So, look for brokerage firms and asset management companies which cater more to the retail side of the market as they require analysts to pitch research reports, (both fundamental and technical) to their clients.

The buy side is more coveted and usually requires an MBA and/or CFA charter. On the buy side, you will primarily do research for in-house usage of the firm and basically assist the portfolio manager in investment management. The pay is comparatively higher but it is harder to get in as well.

If you’re still interested in trading, you could look into prop trading firms such as Futures First and Capstone Securities.

Also look into these new-age startups like Ditto, Smallcase, INDMoney, etc. LinkedIn would be a good place to explore opportunities in these firms.