How many years experience is needed to become a pro trader?

I voted for 1 to 3 years. Professional Traders as per This Website means a trader who takes 10 or more trades per day. Many people in India do not have clear view when they use the term “trader” and “investor”, I personally think that if a person is willing enough then he/she can take up courses and can learn how to trade efficiently by 3 years in the market - the basic knowledge of analyzing the market is a must and that takes time but not 10 years, of course this will differ from person to person.

I am not sure which category I fall into, but I have done multiple courses (NCFM, QuantInsti, Urbanforex,Fibonacci, etc) and this will be my 3rd year in the market, I have made a program which generates trades for me and I do not take positions without the signals which leads to like one trade a month sometimes even one trade in 2 months, so I am pretty sure I do not qualify as a professional trader.

1 Like

It depends on your performance on the live account. If you are earning good money and have good knowledge about the market then you can become a pro trader quickly in a span of a year or so. It is just like learning how to drive a car. Some drive in two days and some after a month.

1 Like

Really a great reply @Pahato
Ur reply is one of the best one…

My thoughts,

I agree learning curve to drive a car is up to the person. But, What about driving in the uphill and downhill?

If he uses excessive breaks in downhill then there is a possibility of break failure. He should ideally drive in gear.

What will he do if the tires burst? Apply Breaks???

Learning to drive is completely different than safe driving(pro driving). Safe Driving is the key to success. And the same applies to every aspect not just trading.

3 Likes