How much do experienced options traders earn?

Hello Friends,

Please let me know how much do experienced options traders earn in a month.

Regards

on average 2 to 5 lakhs , depends on capital , 2 to 3%

1 Like

@vishnux : the amount you mentioned 2-5 lakhs, that is earned in one month or one day ?

one week

1 Like

Options trading is different from normal trading and it depends on your risk capable, because option trading has involved complete risk and rewards depending upon strategy ie., buying, selling or hedging vice versa.
Do first invoke your risk and try for rewards.

1 Like

Where do you get this stats about few percents on that capital is out of my imagination really. I also can say it’s totally different amount each time and it’s for sure lower than for begginers in terms of ROI, cause capital is bigger and it’s hard to get 100-200-300% of profit for sure;)

Hi,

I trade only BN weekly options. I use 2 trading strategies (They are mechanical trading systems, except I haven’t automated them yet. As of now, I get signals from them and I manually place those orders). One involves buying naked Options and the other writing naked Options. These two are independent of each other.

The Option Buy gives around 2 to 3 trades in a month and the Option Writing gives almost 1.25 trades per week (both are averages). There are Drawdowns, loss making months too (Maximum drawdown on monthly basis has been 8% till date from last 30 months). I use position sizing to limit my losses. I never risk more than 2% of my capital in Option Buy and 3% in Option Writing. Both of them put together I make around 3% to 4% per month on an average.

I’m putting my trades on twitter on a daily basis. If interested, please follow my tweets. My Twitter handles is @AnanthaRaman19