How to activate dormant demat account in case sign not getting matched

Hi ,
My aunty is having demat account in Edelweiss which was opened 13-15 years back and after few months of use ,it was not used so it become dormant.

Now while my aunty trying to re-activate same account but application is getting rejected 4 times with following 2 reasons.

1.Sign is not getting matched
2.Name of account holder and document name are different .I mean account is on my aunty’s name with his father name as middle name .
But she has document of her name with her husband name …

Please suggest some possible way around to active demat account.

You should contact Edelweiss, since you opened account through them, they can tell you if there is any other way.

If there are no shares held in that account, you are better off opening new Demat account rather than going through hassles to reactivate old one.

Thanks Subh for respond!
We contacted Edelweiss ,explained him the situation ,and Edelweiss not ready to support further ,saying that as sign is not matched …

There are shares of value around 2 lac ie we are working to activate it …

but , what ab’t the AMC charges ? isn’t it a good idea to close that old one and then open the new one to save the AMC charges on that old one ?

Submitting proofs along with marriage certificate should work.

Search for old signature and practice it.it will definitely match :grin::grin:

Generally for such signature mismatch issues, get the signature attested through the bank manager linked to the demat account and edelweiss should accept it. Probably that’s the easy way to sort out this problem.