How to become a full time trader

I am college student, who started trading nearly 7 months ago. At the beginning i did make some money but also lost a lot. Later I took a break for a while and learnt the book “A Beginner’s guide to short term trading - By Toni Turner”. I still feel that this is not enough, and i don’t know how to proceed further ahead. I wish to be a full time trader and what all should i learn further . Someone please guide me

Hi @Sathyanarayan_Sankar

That’s so heartening to know that you have started early with your journey in markets.

I’ve had a similar journey to yours. Started very early but later realised it’s always prudent and better to focus on doing well in studies, get a job, get industry experience (much better if it’s related to markets) , while at the same time slowly learning about markets and trading.

That way you would not only get practical work exposure and get better at building networks and connections across industries, but, surprisingly get better at markets as well along with having a stable income to build a bigger corpus.

My first go to recommendation will always be to check out all the modules right from beginners to advanced in Varsity :slight_smile:

Other knowledgeable folks in the community can guide you further.

Welcome to TradingQ&A :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I asked the same question Earlier. Go through the following threads. (You may get some direction)

Focus on your studies, markets are not going anywhere.

Trading needs capital, need to earn that capital first.

Also very easy to lose capital if you don’t know what you are doing, so a decade of savings can be lost in days if someone trades irresponsibly induced by emotions. When i started looking at trading, i came across a guy who lost everything including house, and had to start working as a waiter …
Also, only 1 or 2 % of traders actually make money > FD returns. Most lose, must be aware of this. Trading is not easy money, far from it.

Finally it can work, usually after multiple failures for multiple years. So trade with very small capital for first few years atleast. And there is no guarantee of success, most of the people i knew over last decade have stopped trading after wasting multiple years following useless systems/advice/gurus.