How to benchmark myself against other Traders

I am a new Trader and i am in and out of Trading in 2 years span time for three times.My capital Amount is 10k.This is my my Fourth Time.First time I lost around 10% of my capital.Second Time I lost 100% capital.Third Time I lost 10% capital.Right Now My profit is 16% for a period of 1 month.My monthly Target is 5%.My Trading method are no margin or leverage,only CNC Equity delivery.picking of stocks based on third party self investing reports based.And Entry and exit points are provided in that reports .And i executive around 10 trades in month.Now,I am a full time trader.How can I manage 5% ROI for a month

It’s not easy to generate that kind of returns consistently, at least not for new trader, you have also gone through drawdown periods and you know it better. You also said you use third-party investing reports to pick your trades entry and exit point, what you should do is come up with your own methodology and test it in different market conditions then only you can think of benchmarking yourself against successful traders and generate consistent returns. Also, trading is not all about strategy. Psychology plays huge part in your success as well.

3 Likes

expectations leads to disappointments. Disappointments leads to frustration.

You cannot and never know if 5% ROI per month or - 5% ROI can come. You can never know the outcome. But we do all depend for that small probability in our favor.

You know it’s never an easy game. You know the accounts you blew, and the pain it gives. We all have a different story, why we want to trade. I don’t know your story.

But it’s evident, you haven’t gone through much. I always say, it’s never all rosy. We all come for the money. Sooner or later, we get kicked hard, very hard. Yes, we pretend to be smart. But years later, you ll not even want to call yourself as a trader. You ll either quit or drag on silently. Silently and humble enough.

So, time will only tell if you will be a full time trader. We don’t choose that title.

Until then, my best suggestion is, forget money. Forget 5%. Ask yourself, why you want to be in this game? Are you prepared to live next few years with no money in from your trading account, and yet if I see you, still grinding, trading God ll say, Hmm, this kid got something, let’s shine a little tiny bit of light.

You hang around long enough boy, maybe you ll have a chance.

i don’t speak rosy things Every technical you can google. The road you need to run by yourself. And it’s a bad ass journey.

The answer is within you. Ask yourself.

1 Like