How to apply for an IPO with your Zerodha account?

Where can I see the numbers you mentioned in zerodha? I cannot correlate the number with my example or my account… Please help

Hey Pradeep,

1. You can just input “Zerodha” you don’t have to fill in the entire name.
  2. Just fill in the name as per your PAN, it won’t be an issue.
1 Like

Hi, I have also applied through SBI, after applying it shows ipo in ipo history but when I click on edit IPO it shows no ipo available. How can we confirm that it applied properly? It shows Lien Mark Status as Scheduled.

You would have to check this with the bank support. Drop them an email.

Hi There,

could you tell me whether I can apply from 2 different bank accounts simultaneously (with total amount less than 2lakhs) with same DP acc details? does it affect my allocation or any legal implications?

No, you cannot. If you do that both the applications will be rejected.

Thanks Bhuvanesh… I could apply for the IPO via SBI bank quoting zerodha DP details.
One last question… how would I get notified if I am alloted with share?

Thanks Bhuvanesh… I could apply for the IPO via SBI bank quoting zerodha DP details.
One last question… how would I get notified if I am alloted with share?

If a credit happens in your demat account, you will be receiving an SMS from CDSL. Even otherwise you can just check your balance on the allotment date to see if your funds have been deducted or unblocked.

D Mart IPO seems to be oversubscribed… So how does the allotment done? Know what basis?
I subscribed on the last day… Does this effect the allotment?

Today I didn’t get any allotment of Dmart… :frowning:
I have subscribed on the first day opening time itself. How can we know the reason why we are not allotted?

Well, the reason is because the IPO was heavily oversubscribed.

In the case of an oversubscription, the maximum number of allottees will be determined first. So the maximum of number of allottees who will get the minimum lot size will be determined by dividing the total number of equity shares available for allotment divided by minimum bid size. The result will determine the number of allottees. If the applications are higher than the maximum allottees, the allotment will be determined by a computerized lottery (draw lots)

2 Likes

D-Mart will start trading on the exchanges from March 21st, 2017. The allotment status can be checked here.

What will happen if wrong price entered?

If you have entered a wrong price, then your application will be rejected.

I got an sms on my mobile that i have been allotted Dmart shares.
When can i expect to see them under holdings? This is my first IPO :grinning:

You are one of the lucky ones :slight_smile: . I have answered it here.

thanks for the reply.

1 Like

How to apply using NSDL? In NSDL we need extra details. : DP ID and DP account .
Can you please clarify using above example

For NSDL accounts it will your DP ID will be something like this IN3009512345678 (NSDL accounts opened with Zerodha through ILFS).