How to bypass/turnoff Zerodha 2FA on Kite?

I know 2FA is important on security based, but its its really frustrating to enter security questions in full every time I log in to Kite. Please help.

The 2 Factor Authentication is a requirement by the exchange for retail trading platforms.

There is no option to disable this at the moment.

But why you want to remove 2FA in first place?

It is just an unwanted security measure knowing that everyone uses 1 as their default answer.

I don’t even remember what my 2 FA question is, I type 1 , 1 OK

Sometime it keeps asking for My Grandfathers Shoe Size as well.

I type 1 Enter and it logs me in.

I heard, there is a setting where we can just enter first letter of security answer instead of typing it full… could you let me know where i can find it?

just use 1 or any other one digit number. Use the same for both Questions, it is much easier that way.

It may seem unnecessary and time consuming but idea behind 2FA is to have another layer of security.

How you can presume that everyone’s answers are 1?

I don’t use 1.

2FA is there in case your password is compromised.

So chill.:slight_smile:

U just need to change answers to one letter/alphabet.

Thank you all, will change accordingly …!!

@amasthan @portfolioplus911 In your best interest to not change to 1.:wink:

2 Likes

If you’re using password saving app like LastPass, it will save username & password automatically. In the advanced options, you can fill the answers for the two questions asked (the answer needs to be same for every answer).

The whenever you open kite.zerodha.com, it’ll automatically fill up username/password and go to next page and fill the two answers, you just have to press the last button.

Nice Idea, thank you Billu :slight_smile:

Goodness me !

1 Like

I have observed chrome only asked first login of the day. After that it will direct login through it cache. try this once.

Engineering nahi kiya kya? Questions koi bhi ho, mai to wohi likhunga jo maine padha hai… Samje… Keep single letter answer to all questions…

How to change 2fa answers, someone please help.