How to create scan for finding a high by 1%

Hi,

I am trying to create a scanner in streak with 15 minutes candle. All I want to achieve is to find out if a candle is up by 1 to 2% from previous candle.i am able to choose open, prev close and so on, but struggling to set the comparator ‘up by’ to fit a number range, which is 1 to 2%. Can someone guide if it is possible to do that ?

@Streak

You may try the newly introduced Create Plus for this. All the expressions which were only available in Scanner only, have been now given in the Strategy as well.

Hi @Karthick_M1,

The up by/down by comparator is already available in the Create scanner page. Please refer to the image below.

In case you are not able to find this, please write to [email protected].

1 Like

Hi, the above expression doesn’t give option to give a range, like between 1 to 2% but only one specific value. And the meaning of up by is unclear

To create a condition for a range you can use

Close(0)/Previous N(Close,-1,15min) lower than 1.02 and Close(0)/Previous N(Close,-1,15min) higher than 1.01

To explain up by in the context of a condition, Close(0) up by 2% from Previous N(Close,-1,15min) would filter out all stocks whose current candle Close price is equal to or higher than 2% from previous candle Close price.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I tried this but I get some parsing error. Could be some syntax issue I believe. Attached the screenshot.

And I am under impression that open(0) is today’s opening price and prevclose(-1) day is prev days closing price. Is that understanding correct ?

Open(0), Close(0) always refer to the working candle Open, Close and not to Day Open or Day Close.