How to fill Income tax for started working as NRI?

Hello folks

I was working in Indian company for last 10 years and filling ITR properly. In year 2019-2020, i was working in Indian company till Dec 2019 and from Jan 20 onwards, i shifted to middle east company and started working here with proper working VISA (So i think, become NRI) and received salary in indian bank account. Now i want to fill the ITR partly with Form 16 from Indian organisation and I dont want to pay tax for money earned as NRI. Anybody guide me how this can be worked out?

(I heard some of my friends told that i can put the money earned in foriegn in “exempted income” catergory and when question comes i can clarify to ITR dept. Is that possible?)

Your status for FY 1920 would be Resident Individual. And resident individual’s global income is taxable. However, you can claim for relief for taxes on the foreign income if any paid outside India.

For any further clarification, you may pls reach out @ [email protected]

Regards

@Vinoth_kumar_Eswaran

Since you have stayed in India for FY 2019-20 more than 182 days - you will qualify as Resident Individual.
You need to include your foreign salary income as well and calculate tax.

Further, you can claim credit of foreign taxes paid by submitting Form67 with necessary supportings.