How to order a stop loss buy order

for example - as a first time trader , a scrip named x , current price = 100, and i wish to buy it at a price minimum 90 and maximum price 102, so how can i fixed stop loss price and target price , and suppose i purchased this scrip for rs 101 and i want to sale it at a price 104 how can i place the sale order with stop loss

1 Like

current price = 100, and i wish to buy it at a price minimum 90 and maximum price 102

to buy at rs.90, you can place a limit price buy order.

to buy at maximum price of 102, you can place trigger based SL limit buy order...BUY->SL-> trigger 102, limit 102.

so how can i fixed stop loss price and target price , and suppose i purchased this scrip for rs 101 and i want to sale it at a price 104 how can i place the sale order with stop  loss

profit target orderr = Sell limit for rs.104.

stop loss = sell SL trigger/market.

you can try cover order as well to achieve SL and target in one go.

Hello satendar,

Welcome to the trading community!

Current Stock Price = 400, Target Price 390 and Stop Loss 410

This means traders are expecting the price of the stock to go down.

So you need to to do these

1. Place a Sell Order, Type = Limit, Price = 400, Product Type = MIS

(MIS if you want to do intraday, CNC if you want to keep the stock for some more days)

2. After your order becomes complete, Place a Buy Order, Type = Limit, Price = 390, Product Type =MIS

3. Now, again place another Buy Order Type = Stop Loss Limit SL-L, Price = 410.2, Trigger =410, Product Type = MIS

This type of trading is called short selling or shorting, where you sell the stock first at higher price and later you buy the stock at lesser prices, thereby you get profits. If the price goes to reach Stop Loss Trigger of 410 rupees, you will get a loss, since you are buying at 410 and selling at 400 rupees. Once the stop loss is executed, you need to manually cancel the Target order at 390. Dont forget that. Also if target executes, cancel the SL-L order manually.

Similarly the reverse is also true.

Buy at 100, Target at 104, Stop loss at 90.

1. Place a Buy order at Price 100, MIS, Limit, after completion of this

2. Place a Target Sell order at Price 104, MIS, Limit

3. Place a Stop Loss Sell order at Trigger 90, Price 89.8

2 Likes

sir i want to ask that sometimes i heard in tv that to buy a scrip of rs 400 , stop loss = 410 and target price 390 , can u tell what happend if scrip reaches target price 390 , it is a buy order

please re-read your comment, i guess there is confusion. When anyone recommends to BUY, the stop loss is below current price and target price is higher than the entry price.
in your example = BUY at 400, stop loss = 410; target = 390.
this is either a SELL recommendation OR a BUY recommendation with wrong SL and TGT.
all the best.

I can’t get it also…