How to participate in noncompetitive bidding of gsec in zerodha for retail investor using zerodha as new regulation allow cdsl to sell gsec to retail investor

Dear everyone , if you want access to ndsom, contact Federal Bank.
It costs 10000 plus gst for nds om. Plus brokerage for bids is also lower . Cheaper than zerodha. And now stop asking zerodha for ndsom.

https://www.bankofbaroda.com/domestic-operations.htm

https://www.axisbank.com/business-banking/treasury-services/retailing-of-government-securities/overview

Peace

1 Like

@Nabarun_Chakraborty Have you invested in gsec using federal bank or just read it from their website? Rs10000 for gilt account opening charges or is it some other charges?
Please list all details so that zerodha can provide the same to us as retail investor.

the following details were provided to me my federal bank r n mukherjee road branch kolkata .
i will not share any contact details.

Charges on Gilt Account transactions.

1. Account opening –Free
  2. Annual Maintenance Charges: - Nil
  3. Service charge of ₹500/- plus GST per transaction irrespective of the deal amount.
  4. The actual charges levied by CCIL for the deals will be collected from the GILT account holder.
    (CCIL fee- ₹100 per Cr + GST for G-sec and ₹50 per Cr +GST for T-Bills) If it is less than 1 cr CCIL charges will not be chargeable in case of individuals.
  5. If the sale or purchase is from Federal Bank, no service charge is levied.
  6. If NDS OM Web facility availed then ₹10000/- plus GST annually
  7. Demat /Remat facility for securities transfer from your own DP, charges will be ₹500/- plus GST per transaction.

@Nabarun_Chakraborty I think charges of federal bank is high with so many hidden charges. So we should appreciate Zerodha initiative.

why pay rs 1000+GST per transaction? If you take rs6 brokerage per 10000 rs investment, then retailer will pay rs1000 fee when 1600000 rs( 16 lakhs ) is the amount invested. Do you think federal bank is still worth the effort.
Why this rs10000 access fee by bank.I do not see any charges levied by rbi to access the portal.So is it a foul scheme by the bank?

@Bhuvan Please allow NDS OM facility if CDSL allows, I believe more retail investor will come. As you have said earlier only PD and primary members are allowed, please see if CDSL can allow you that access. Anyway I still admire your effort to bring gsecs to retail investor. But as they say, miles to go before sleep. Keep up the good work.

I believe I had answered this on another thread. The primary lot size on NDS OM is 5cr. Odd lots of a lesser size trade at sharp discounts. NDS OM isn’t the solution for retail investors. The exchanges are working on listing these securities and that would be the best solution.

Also, another relatively easy option is to sell these bonds through IDFC Sammriddhi.

1 Like

@Bhuvan I got your point. So it needs rbi intervention so that lot size can be reduced.Please see if facility can still be provided if anyone wants to sell at discount. Does access to NDSOM require any fees on your company? Then I think it will be a problem to sustain the business, otherwise if no fees, then please try to integrate that platform.As a company, Discount or gain should not distract you.It is upto investor if he can hold till maturity or not.

Also listing in exchange is an option.

Also NDS OM for now is available only to primary dealers in these markets and banks, as we are none we can’t get access to it, we are scouting for other options as well.

1 Like

@Bhuvan I want to purchase this bond. Can you please explain each terms mentioned in it.
My doubt: I am supposed to invest 10478 rs and I will get 6.93% (10478*6.93%) interest per annum. am I right?
or I am supposed to invest 10K and remaining 478 is other charges

Interest is paid on the face value of the bond, in this case Rs 100 is the FV of each bond.

The price of the bond is yet unknown and will be discovered in the auction. And hence the exchanges block a little extra to account for that and you’ll get a refund if the price is lesser. Post that, you’ll know the effective YTM fo the bond you’ve purchased.

1 Like

I have been allotted the Gsecs

Where can I see those allotted GSECS and can trade them?
Please also elaborate the price and Units, How it works?

1 Like

Will be visible on Kite.

Hi…
I bought GSecs from coin app.How to get at what price I got allotted those GSecs?

Can retail
Investors buy also from idbi samriddhi

Yes, retail investors will be allowed to buy and sell these securities through the IDBI Samriddhi G-sec portal.

You can also invest in G-Sec’s through Coin.

I have bought 200 units (100 RS/unit) of Gsec (7.1%) through Coin. I have paid 2,11,000 RS for the same. So my query is, will I be paid interest on 2,11,000 or 2 Lac?

Paid on 2Lakhs i.e face value
You should have recd, an invoice from Zerodha on your regd. email. which contains all of the information.
Most of this has been discussed on this thread.

@Bhuvan
I have bought some GSEcs/SDLs through Zerodha (Coin). I can see them in holdings but as there is no buyer (not traded/no LTP) I can’t sell them. Is there any platform where I can sell them? For say I wanna sell them at some discount.