How to sell shares bought before 1987

Last sunday I was discussion about investing with my extended family. Then suddenly an uncle of mine said he has purchased shares of Reliance back in 1987 through his bank account and got a slip(share certificate) for the same. Due to some unforeseen events he has misplaced that paper. And now he wants to know if there’s any way by which he can get those shares in his demat and sell them?

Any suggestions will be every helpful.

@mohitmehra can you.

Best to contact the company. They will share the process to issue the duplicate physical shares.

You will then be able to dematerialise these shares in your uncle’s demat account.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. Further I want to know the process to contact the company and if the company will ask for any proof?

Yes, they will need proof!