How to transfer larger funds (more than 10 lakhs) to Zerodha from my bank?

Create account with other banks like HDFC, ICICI Bank and link them with Zerodha.

1 Like

Many small and medium business enterprises do RTGS everyday.

You just need RTGS form and cheque.

You can check how to fill form and cheque details on Youtube. Or ask bank employees.

Visit branch. Find RTGS window.
Submit form with cheque.

In RTGS… Amount is transfer in real time so you can check this in your trading account or zerodha customer support.

RBI does not set any cap on NEFT transaction.
Bank set this limit for security reasons.

In HDFC, per day limit is 10 lakhs. You can increase this limit upto 50 lakhs but you need digital signature (DSC) certificate to transfer above 10 lakhs

Once you register with digital signature certificate you can not use HDFC bank mobile app.

You have to use PC/MAC to transfer funds.

Digital certificate is a USB token. You have to insert this USB token in your PC to transfer funds.

You can get Digital certificate online from Emudhra.
They will verify all the KYC details (online) and send you USB token.

This is just like how you digitally signed zerodha form when you open trading account. In this can instead of using aadhar card you will have digital signature certificate.

In case of Axis bank, I can’t find any upper limit details. You have to submit request form to branch and they will increase daily transfer limit. I’m not sure what is max cap on this. Please ask bank.

Best way to do high transaction is by visiting bank and transfer via RTGS so you don’t have to increase fund transfer limit. These transactions limits are set to avoid any online fraud.

5 Likes

As far as I know, most banks have a transaction limit of 10 lakhs through RTGS. Some banks can also convert your account from savings to current for this matter.

@Kaps,

Did you find a work around for this? I’m going through the same issue and I’m even thinking of changing my bank account from SBI.

Regards,
Swaroop

Axis Bank is best

It has no limits only…u checked in axis bank

ICICI and axis is key