How we can purchase international share at zerodha

How we can purchase international share at zerodha platform. I am not talking about motilal nasdaq etf or else… i am talking about individual stock like Microsoft, Facebook etc

You can’t purchase shares of companies listed on international exchanges through Zerodha.
For this, you will have to open an account with an international broker like TD Ameritrade.
There are two things to keep in mind while you invest with an international broker -

1. You can only invest up to $250,000 in international markets. (It could be in stocks, bonds, real estate, etc)

2. You cannot trade (short-term) or use margin products and leverage in international markets.

Both these points are based on Indian laws.

2 Likes

You cannot do so as of today. However I was told by someone from Zerodha that in future Zerodha may allow trading in international stock exchanges (hope for that day to come soon). I use Vested Finance for trading in US stock markets, the platform is designed specifically for Indian traders to trade in US stock market, they even have an office in Bombay. However, I am yet to remit funds to them and start my trading as I have opened my account with them only few weeks ago.

1 Like

You can now do so through HDFC Bank. They have recently enabled investing in U.S. stock markets.
https://www.hdfcsec.com/globalinvesting