I am placing a stoploss order(tried both limit and market) and it is not executing eventhough the price has dropped significantly

I have tried the stoploss orders for a few times and even though the price has dropped below trigger price the stoploss was not executed. It was not even a drastic drop in price. I was waiting for almost 5-10 mins for the stoploss to execute and finally had to square off the position myself. Could you please guide me on this.

1 Like

Hello Trader,

All stop-loss orders placed on your trading platform are passed on to the exchange by the broker.

The stop-loss orders then wait on the exchange servers to be executed and out of the brokers reach.

Stop-Loss orders placed and not executed is a situation that sometimes happens with traders irrespective of the broker they deal with.

Probably something to do with the exchange itself that you as a trader need to get used to.

Check this link for more insight on how stoploss orders work : http://zerodha.com/z-connect/tradezerodha/zerodha-trader-software-version/stop-loss-orders-limit-market

I am in the same boat, pleas ehelp how to put stoploss orders with an example

But don’t you think its a big system risk if stop-loss orders are not triggered then one can face huge losses.

What can be a bigger risk than you choosing to trade the markets?

Unaccounted risk is the biggest risk…dorkstar.