If my zerodha password hacked . And what problem will arise. Is it my capital safe. Is there any risk

If my password hacked by some one… Is there any effect for my capital… Is there any way to steal my money from my account. Plz inform me…

No the worst the hacker can do is do trades on your behalf but the capital can only be transferred to your account.

2 Likes

your account is secure with the help of 2faq

1 Like

What is 2faq… How it help…

He can not transfer to his a/c nor adding new a/c is possible. Since Zerodha will confirm before any change… @NaveenDK

2 Likes

bro, the answer you have enter after your password are 2 faq’s
you have to give atleast 5 answers and system asks any two different out of those every time you log in
hacker can get what you enter in your system, if the system is hacked
but every time different answer can fail hacker to judge the answer to the question come next time, just like otp you get from banks

3 Likes

Hi bro! Suppose you have made profit after selling that call to someone.
now suppose the person who has buy from you hold that till expiry and reach beyond target price suppose 500 points more.
do you have to provide that profit(500 multiplied by lot size) to that person because you have sold it??

1 Like

Oh Man!!!
I Answered this question in Deep with all the details.
Where my answer went from this thread???

Please get it back… @Lets_Invest

@Lets_Invest Are you sure you pressed the “reply” button?

1 Like

Yes, I Pressed reply button also There were 3 likes on that answer and I was receiving notifications.
Leave it. It’s okay.

1 Like

Is market depth freezed?

what if the hacker buys pump and dump penny stocks wherein due to lower circuit you can never get out and thus making your account to zero :frowning:
?
Or trading in f&o and making your account in big loss
?

Thus , how can a trader protect herself from the hacker ?

You can enable TOTP authentication to secure your account. Can know the process here.

@NaveenDK It is safe if few security measures followed periodically

Periodically check the following things

• Any change in your account regarding the phone / email id in your account ( Check your mail For Such Notification)
  • Update your account password periodically
  • Check the URL you access when you enter the login details

Can you please add OTP (SMS) as 2Fac Security.

You receive email if someone login to your account from different IP address.