If Some HNI Guy has to trade with like 1000 or 2000 crore, Should he go with conventional brokers like motilal oswal, kotak securities and zerodha for that matter?

If Some HNI Guy has to trade with like 1000 or 2000 crore, Should he go with conventional brokers like motilal oswal, kotak securities and zerodha for that matter?
Or
Please list down the name of institutional brokers in india where that HNI guy can trade with high capacity?

They have membership from exchanges ,they don’t deal with brokers

Kindly throw some light on this membership. I have not heard about this before. Nithin has said somewhere that everyone goes through a broker, be it FII or Individual.

Maybe not always, but tat kind of money often sets up brokerage firm.

2 Likes

Maybe they would be using NSE’s Alpha Membership.

If someone is investing that much money maybe they expect lot of services apart from just providing trading terminal, also few mentioned they choose alpha membership route but that is a pain as it involves lots of processes and compliance part, so ideally they would choose conventional brokers or can choose family offices if they need more services or AIF or a wealth management firms. If that client wants to trade on his own then they can use conventional brokers as they can provide customized solutions like different brokerage plans/leverages( with peak margins this is gone), IPO funding and margin funding with different rates etc and can allocate separate relationship manager.

2 Likes

To the best of my knowledge, each and every one who wants to deal in stock market has to go through brokers. If the person is HNI, with this much of money, it would be better he go through Bank associated brokerage firms such as Icici Direct etc. These are the most trust worthy brokerage and the person can negotiate charges with them

Thank you for the reply.

May I know, Is there any consultation agency or firms that provide accounting and compliance related services for nse trading members?

I have met one of the big traders from Mumbai, and I asked him the same question.

He told me that they have accounts with full service but small brokers. Brokers that are regional and have limited customer base.
They then arm twist them into better brokerages/ funding/ co-location.

The broker takes care of the compliance and gets a revenue generating client for long term, while the customer gets a far superior service with better facilities (both legal and grey area). Win Win for both.

2 Likes

Not that I am aware off.

In countries like us or uk they deal with prime brokerage firms or investment banks.

2 Likes