If write option and let it automatically square off, i thought STT will not apply on whole transaction because we have already paid the STT when we have write the option? Is i am ok?

Yes … When u are short on Option Contract (Call or Put) and if u let ur position expire it will not attract higher STT. STT is charged on Selling side. so if u r short in option and options expires in the money u will be charged Higher STT as STT has already been paid at the time of writing.

Yes Nishant you are correct, if you have written options STT is already paid for. and if you let it square off there won’t be any STT to worry of. Check this post: http://zerodha.com/z-connect/queries/stock-and-fo-queries/stt-options-nse-bse-mcx-sx

@mandar
Are you sure of this?
Only option buyers pay a higher STT %,
Option sellers do not pay any anything if the option expires as OTM and even if exercised, they pay the losses and the buyer pays the STT charge. STT is collected upfront from option writers that % is lesser than buyers pay on expiry.

(1) is the STT same whether i choose “Exercise” or whether i choose “Do Not Exercise” ?
(2) is the STT same for long options or short options ?

For exercised ITM Options, exchange charges STT at 0.125% on the Intrinsic Value.

If you square-off your position, STT will be 0.05%.

STT is charged only on Sell side at 0.05%.

(1) is it same whether I am option buyer or option seller ?
(2) 0.05 % or 0.125% : does it make any big impact difference?

STT of 0.125% is only on Long ITM Options, this does not apply to the seller as STT is already paid when trader takes Short position.

It isn’t that big of a impact.

Eg, at 0.05% if Nifty Option is at Rs. 100, STT will be 3.75 (100 * 0.05 / 100 * 75), at 0.125 the STT charged will be 9.4 (100 * 0.125 / 100 * 75).

@ShubhS9 want brief debit details of STT,how to get it in detailed?

You can check out this post explaining about STT.