In trading one has to lose money so that other can gain. Am I right?

In trading one has to lose money so that other can gain. Is there any other scenario where both the persons can benefit?

As far as I know Futures and Options are zero sum game but actually buying shares and investing in company can benefit both buyer and seller although how much will vary on when the person has bought and sold the shares.

1 Like

I think, Yes. At least when the market is bullish, both the buyers and sellers can benefit overall, but what the sellers lose is the opportunity; opportunity for higher returns.

1 Like

Yes you’re right and also when we buy it executes at a bad price and when you square off also it executes at bad price…bad price here refered to thinning of out profit so even thought u do a correct trade the chances of earning good is slim and loosing is big that is how these markets function…

1 Like

Yes it is the fact but you have to be among the right traders most of the time. This is what you have to learn how to choose the right direction. You need to be clever and smart in order to compete with others in this unpredictable and risky market. Thats it!

1 Like