Increase the limit on Kite for adding stocks

Hi Zerodha Team,

It is becoming very difficult in to handle the stocks with Kite as there is a limitation that we can add only 20 stocks for each tab and there are only 5 tabs, which means a total of 100 stocks. for people who are trading in MCX, Currenct , Equity and FNO, it is merely impossible to handle all the stocks in kite, request you to kindly increase the limit in KITE

4 Likes

Do you track more than 100 scrips at once?

If you are deal in futures and option then you need to have one spot chart and another futures or option chart

Apart from above we have indexes and mcx charts differently, altogether it will not more than 50 scripts

So per FO scrip you require 1 spot + 1 Future + 1 Call + 1 Put. That’s 4 slots per scrip. This enables you to follow this for 10 scrips at once. Would it be possible for you to follow the most relevant prices? You have another 10 slots left for indices and commodities.

Eitherway, will run this by the Dev team and they will decide considering all parameters.

I too felt the same way, why can’t they allow adding dynamically upto 1 or 2 list more of 20 scripts, because its not possible to trade in all segment due to restriction on adding a stock to trade is different from just watching a market. But here market watch is common for both trade and watching purpose.

Maybe Zerodha should introduce a Kite Marketplace where people can buy Kite add-ons to cater to their specific trading needs. These add-ons should be made available at nominal rates for those who need additional features. Like additional market watches or more depth info etc… Hope moderators make a note of it. What do you think of a Kite marketplace?

1 Like

Dude it’s just a basic feature available in competing brokers like upstox which make them more useful.
Very necessary feature that won’t affect storage or anything. They providing dynamically adding watchlist with 50 per list along with price alert feature. They also pricing same as zerodha only ui is not that great like zerodha.

1 Like

I am a little scared to make suggestions now but I’ll make a last one. You can add 250 scrips on Pi among all the marketwatches and they have default marketwatches too like Nifty 50. Would you be able to trade on a desktop software like Pi or you require a web platform only?

I trade or most of us would trade on mobile platforms. One cannot be restrict to trade by limiting market watch list. Also to check a stock price we need to add it & check it. So it’s not feasible when moving forward.

Now a days most of the people are feeling comfortable with cloud platforms rather than desktop apps, when it comes to zerodha same applies

as suggested one of our friend(prabhu) in above replies that price alert is one of the key feature where most of us are looking for and where zerodha cloud platform is lagging

Totally Agree brother. I do most of the trades using mobile platform & I feel restricted with watchlist capability currently available with Zerodha. Every time I keep moving stocks from one watchlist to another to clear space or for to organize/categorize them, especially EQ, FNO, MCX all are managed with the same list. My friends who are using Zerodha do have the same feedback.

It would really be helpful if Zerodha comes up with more watchlists & Price alerts to help traders plan their trades well.

1 Like

Dear Zerodha team,

This is a pain and still we can’t add more than 50 items under each marketwatch and also the latter is restricted to only 5, this is unacceptable for those who uses FnO extensively. Please let us know if you are going to do something about this.

2 Likes

I feel like the problem with allowing more instruments in MarketWatch is that live data feed get slow. Imagine getting tick data for more than 100 instruments at one time will be more network intensive and also to process the same data , the app needs more resources in terms of processing.

@siva any other reasons ?

One can add 250 scrips on kite, don’t think one really can monitor those many at one point of time.

it is required for monitoring Options prices at different strikes & different expiry dates for indices/stocks, is there a way?