Indian Hotel Stock Falls even after Huge Profit

Hi,
On the 10th of November 2022, the Indian Hotel Group reported a Q2 profit of 122 crores. Yet the next day, its stock price fell by 4.5% approximately. Can anyone please explain to me the possible reasons for this?

Buy the rumour, sell the news.

It has only reverted back to it’s moving average. Quite a normal move for a FNO stock.

Are you not seeing the bigger picture that from the previous earnings it has already moved 30% ?

1 Like

The performance was already priced in. It already moved more than 50% in 4 months and was at its ATH.

Weak hands have been stopped out.

Honestly , the more time you spend in market, the less fundamentals make sense. That said, it is a good result making it a worthwhile stock to hold long term

What do you mean?

I mean I used to take directional bets based on earnings results using DCF multiples, market reactions are impossible to gauge. I don’t do earnings plays now

There have been excellent earnings with no upside and bad earnings with great upsides

1 Like

Unless stated, I find it difficult to comprehend.

Are you saying this as a trader or an investor?

Now, i don’t understand what you are trying to say. I thought I was quite clear

No need to start a back and forth

You said bets, that in general means trading, so asked the question, traders take bets, investor don’t take bets, and you said DCF, so it was not clear for me.

If one is an investor, he sees the data, the reaction of the market after the results in a particular way. If he is a trader, he sees the same things in a different way.

That is my small point.

:+1: