Information that every zerodha user should keep an eye on

Not sure when this info was introduced in console. I wish I knew how much I was loosing. I would not have traded as much and would not have lost as much. It was so difficult to get this summary info in Zerodha. This summary of unrealised loss/profit, realised loss/profit must be available prominently in Kite itself. @SEBI should mandate all brokers to display the charges, loss/profit and such other useful info in real time or at least end of day. I hope zerodha will make sure many other new investors/traders don’t loose without knowing how much they are being charged.

3 Likes

BTW, why charges are not displayed with -ve sign ? @zerodha

Hmm… charges in itself means it is a negative right? If you put -ve in charges, it is almost like a double negative.

4 Likes

Even I agree with you . It is very important to know how much charges you are paying per stock . And I don’t know why zerodha is not interested in showing charges in your holding page in kite itself. Other brokerage houses have this feature so I think it’s not difficult for zerodha too … You can’t go every time to brokerage calculator to find out your profit or loss it’s not practical also .

Zerodha should introduce this feature asap.

3 Likes

I think we should have real time profit or loss calculation after deduction of every possible charges and tax’s. It will help us to make real time trades easy, don’t you think it’s possible but most of broker don’t like to do this including zerodha?

2 Likes

I too have noticed that the available funds for trade is somewhat less than the actual amount available in my account. I would request and suggest to include the details in the statement as to why it has been less so that transparency will be there.

Additionally, as mentioned in the thread, it will be nice if you could give an understanding about how much will be the profit or loss while executing the orders as the total margin requirement is already included.!

As per the statement my balance is 24850 but the funds available today is 25010.17. If Friday’s update will take 3 days, then also the number should be 25151.81.

1 Like

If you are doing Intraday trading, you should know that any intraday profit you make will be available for trading only after it is settled on T+2 working days for Equity and T+1 working day for F&O.

This does not show in your Kite balance until settled but will reflect in Console. You can read this for more information.

Charges change based on if trades are Intraday or Delivery (STT, Brokerage, Stamp Duty etc.), It isn’t possible to figure this out until end of the day. So it is tough to show this on P&L.

You can always refer to brokerage calculator to get idea about the charges, it is easy to use tool.

Can you please explain what exact problem you face while implementing this? I don’t think it’s impossible we have all the data required to which we used in calculator I think I need to create a chrome extension for this but the issue is with mobile app.

Thanks Shubh, I understand it but my question is why still there is difference? The screenshot shares my actual balance but when it is available, ir seems less about 100+. When my actual balance as per the screenshot, it is 25151.81, I have available funds in my account is 25010.17, i.e., an exact difference of 141.64. Hope you understand my concern. Thanks :blush:

As explained above, if you have made intraday profit this will reflect in your Kite balance only when it is settled in T+2 working days in Equity segment and T+1 working day in F&O segment, until then it will reflect in closing balance on Console ledger.

Once it is settled, this will start reflecting in your Kite balance.

Hi @nithin / @ShubhS9

Another expectation on easy P&L data retrieval.
I see there are only 2 options either for past week or past month only as quick selection. everytime when I make a trade, it’s difficult for me to check for entire profit & losses for the whole duration I withheld with zerodha.

Please provide another quick selection for checking overall gain/loss. I feel this is most important and useful.

Few other improvements :
-I want to segregate my stocks in kite into different groups based on my choice, which will be similar to the current watchlist pages. can this be made possible as a user preference!!
-sorting of stocks is not available now in mobile kite, but it works in web. Can it be made available for mobile also?

1 Like

For brokerage calculator gives rough idea but there is no link available on kite page .you have to go to website of zerodha and than you have to click on brokerage calculator.
Can you make available on kite page itself or link which is really going to be useful.

Regarding profit and loss if one other profit and loss calculator like brokerage calculator if you made it available which will also turn out to be very good feature of zerodha.

+1 on this… We should be able to see the brokerage charges and taxes right away on executed orders… I had been trying scalping (and since it requires quick execution of buy and sell) I was missing out on a lot of opportunities because I had to calculate the breakeven on brokerage calculator. Even If one side charges are shown in executed orders, we can quickly double it and know what my selling price shud be to breakeven quick… And scalp a small profit ontop or exit away.

Someone has tweeted the same : https://twitter.com/indiaesh/status/1340034816398356480?s=20
May be we all should reply to this tweet so that regulators really do something about this.

liked and retweeted… every1 who comes to this thread please do the same if possible.
tweet link: https://twitter.com/indiaesh/status/1340034816398356480?s=20

Thanks. But, not enough people have retweeting it. May be in these good times not many are bothered about these most important information.