Instant withdrawal feature

:zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

Finally… It’s working :grinning:

Instant withdrawal? I didn’t see any post… what am I missing?

@siva Any update? We have been hearing a few weeks since 2021. Would be great to have this feature

1 Like

well, the image speaks

1 Like

Not bad eh @nithin
:wink:

1 Like

Should we give up on this feature? Have been waiting for ages.

i have no plans to shift to Dhan but man i am glad they’re doing these things. Maybe zerodha will now feel the need to improve and do things faster. They have become quite complacent or maybe they’re the same and are now looking bad in comparison. I know these new brokers are very far from being a threat anytime soon but its got to sting seeing all the highly demanded features that dhan is churning out. And its not like they’re a buggy mess or anything, most of my group members on telegram seem to be happy. But i have too much of an inertia, unpledging funds, trust issues with new brokers etc.

When i imagine the work culture, i imagine the norm which is no work life balance and shitty bosses on one extreme and then i imagine zerodha on the other extreme, their bosses saying, guys chill out smoke a joint, take your time, there are no deadlines, code the software but with love and heart, take the time you need, nobody is going anywhere, we will take things slowly and roll out that option chain in 2025.

Nowadays days , zerodha customers are stopped asking any features, because they knew thats waste of time and no actions from zerodha.

1 Like

Three years after the feature was announced, there is no sign of it coming @nithin

Have revived by icicidirect account as they offer e-atm feature.

I think groww, dhan and ICICI direct are coming up with nice features and we shall see the active clients dropping in zerodha soon

@nithin @ShubhS9 what happened instant withdraw features , zerodha only publish first , then all brokers are implemented expect zerodha -

1 Like

We hit some operational issues with this, especially given all the regulatory changes over the last couple of years. The issue is mainly in terms of margin reporting. This is on our list of things to do, but we can’t give a timeline yet.

1 Like

Kudos to your consistency! @Ankit_Chauhan
Just landed on this thread surprised why withdrawal is taking so much time. (after T+2 mandatory wait)

If other brokers have implemented it, can’t understand what is blocking Zerodha?
(It can’t be a regulatory issue, since it will apply on all brokers)

Hope Zerodha can make it a priority. In the age of UPI and IMPS, waiting for funds after the mandatory T+2, feels like an eternity.

because its zerodha- Lazy Cat Sleepy GIF - Lazy Cat Sleepy Tired GIFs

@ShubhS9, I’d placed a withdrawal request at 12:25 am on Saturday. Noticed at 6:30 pm yesterday, that it wasn’t even processed, let alone being deposited in my bank account. Normally, it gets deposited max by 5:30 pm since the processing time is 4:30 pm for Saturdays.

Uptil now, nothing has changed, and now I see that the withdrawal page is saying that I’ll get the funds by 2pm on 5/9/23, earlier this was 4/9/23, which means they’ll be processed tomorrow night. Why so much delay?

Ticket if interested: #20230902919174

@Nithin, if payouts were missed yesterday, then why can’t they be processed today or early tomorrow morning as a corrective measure? Having to wait 80 hours to receive funds, in the year 2023, is a bit ridiculous & just not done.

Hi @SachinSingh, payout request was not processed on Saturday as due to new SEBI regulations on handling client funds. When funds are transferred to your account, we have to transfer these funds to a settlement account before they can be moved to the Clearing Corporation (CC).

When a withdrawal request is placed, we retrieve the necessary funds from the CC. However, since the CC is closed on Saturdays, we’re unable to process withdrawal requests on this day. Therefore, any withdrawal requests made on a Saturday will now be processed on the following Monday.

1 Like

But this article states that

The provisions of this circular shall come into effect from July 01, 2023

and I had placed a request on 22nd July (Saturday), which had gone through without any hiccups.

Anyway, please find some workaround for this @Nithin.

I take overnight positions, and a lot of times, the margins aren’t updated properly post 3:30, and sometimes, not updated at all. So, have to rely on either the Margin Statement or Ledger updation on Console to see how much money is blocked. Both these things generally happen post 12 am, whereas the cut-off time for withdrawal is 10 pm. So, the time cut-off time should be extended then, or Margin Statement prepared couple of hours earlier.

And this page should be updated too…

2 Likes

The new upstreaming circular has complicated this withdrawal process. This is not just for us but across all brokers. Essentially, all customer funds have to lie with the clearing corporation at all times, so for us to process any payouts, we must first receive the funds from the CC. While placing with CC significantly reduces the broker risk, it adds this new step in the fund withdrawal process. On a Saturday, CC is closed, so no broker can process withdrawals on Sat/Sunday from now on.

We have asked for regulatory approval for a broker to process a withdrawal from their funds, as we are guaranteed to get it from the CC. If this is allowed, we can go back to the old way.

1 Like

March 2024 update. Released but not working😭

Hopefully I can use it before 2027

1 Like

Hey Nithin, doesn’t this affect brokers a lot? They were earning a good amount of float on it?

And do you guys send it to the CC, because when paying, I am paying to Zerodha’s bank account?