Interest on bonds

Where to check whether interest on various bonds credited correctly and timely ?

NSDL CAS doesn’t give this info. Bank account statement can’t be foolproof method.

Bank statements are the right source to know, I think.

I don’t know a centralized way for tracking interest payment for bonds but if a default happens in the interest payment of bonds, then Credit Rating Agencies (CRAs) are bound to report such things immediately. Came across a document on the CRISIL website which talks about this (Page 4) -

The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) in its Guidelines for credit rating agencies’ (CRAs) computation of default statistics has specified that default be recognised at the first instance of delayed payment (Circular: CIR/MIRSD/CRA/6/2010 dated May 3, 2010). In its circular titled ‘Enhanced Standards for CRAs’ (Circular: SEBI/HO/MIRSD/MIRSD4/CIR/P/2016/119 dated November 1, 2016), SEBI has standardised the instrument-wise default recognition to be adopted by all CRAs. This has been appended in the Annexure I of this document for the convenience of the reader.

2 Likes