Intraday Trading related Questions

I’m sorry I don’t follow American Markets or any other market. My universe is limited to Nifty Spot and Nifty Options for now.

Maybe you can google for the timing and you might be able to get the US market charts in tradingview. I’m just guessing here.

2 Likes

Are U full Time Trader and is there Upper Circuit and Lower Circuit in Options Intraday,and had U experienced it.And if yes Dow we have to take Delivery or Penalty of that.

I’m a full time trader. I don’t think Options have upper or lower circuit. Index / stocks have circuits. However I’m not sure.

In March 2020 we did see Nifty hitting the lower circuit on 2 days. Incidentally I did not have any position on those days when the circuit was hit.

1 Like

What would U Suggest for Example,If I Expect Market to Open Gap Up on Next day to buy, OTM,ITM or ATM of Nifty Options.

To select a strike price you need to understand Option Greeks. I do not understand them, so I simply chose an option whose premium is around 75. It sounds silly, but it’s been working for me.

I believe that the concept of perfect strike price doesn’t matter a lot. It is my personal belief, not for debate.

2 Likes

Everything is priced in to premium. So your simple approach works. I use the same simpler method.

1 Like

Many times there are some Technical glitch or Issues while Trading,and we are not able to Exit from positions.So what U do at this Times.Like few days ago I bought Campus Shares but as I wanted to Exit the orders where getting rejected.And I tried to Call Zerodha Customer care for 2 Hours but no one Picked Up.Atlast the order got Executed at 2.30 P.m. but I have to book Rs 3000 loss.And then Zerodha said Simple Sorry,there was some Technical glitch.So what U do on Such Problems.

There used to be technical problems in Kite few years back. I have not seen any such issues recently. Also my SL is placed in the system as soon as my entry is triggered, so no worries about the downside.

also keep targets for my positions. It becomes an issue to shift between SL orders and Target orders when the price is close to my target. I have not yet found a solution to this problem. Luckily I have not seen any glitch during these times till now.

If there is technical glitch at that time, it will pose a problem to shift between SL order and target order. This is a fear I’m living with at the moment. Trying to find a solution

2 Likes

I have faced Such Glitch and booked Loss,and main part is when this Happens,U go Numb and don’t understand what to do,and this Customer care make it more Difficult by Press 1,2,3 and fail in Connecting.As Your money is on Stake and u don’t know how much Loss U will make.And this fear is of daily as does it will happen again?
Do U Know where we can get Put call Ratio live then NSE website or how We can find the market Trend for that day before market open or in market.Some things u follow to know Trend.

Switch to a broker that gives you customer support and accessible easily like Finvasia or Dhan. As for the trading platform once you switch you are unlikely to miss kite because their frontend is great. But you may miss console. Finvasia and Dhan are at the moment playing catchup only.

No idea

1 Like

U are Trading in Options from so many years,do U have to face Volumes problems while Exiting from Positions or We can Exit from Positions in Any Strike Price we Want.

1 Like

I trade only Nifty options. The strike price is always multiple of 100 and very rarely it goes beyond 2 strikes OTM (Normally it is ATM or within 200 points from ATM).

I have not faced liquidity issues till date.

When you over complicate your strategies, you create a hassle for yourself. It’s better to keep strategies simple so that you know what you are doing.

2 Likes

What Strategy would U Suggest for Intraday, because I had Tried most of it,but in Real Market they mostly fail.

I’m currently trading Intraday Options (Options buy). I use Bollinger Bands for my trading.

I have few rules that I religiously follow while trading

1. Have a rule based strategy that no discretion involved.

2. SL is compulsory and the market should decide SL not the trader. For example you can’t say I’ll keep 10% of buy price as SL always. The market and your rules (I’ll place SL below low of the previous candle of Buy, etc) should define SL.

3. SL has bigger role to play than just stopping Loss. I use it for position sizing. I never risk more than 2% of my capital in any single trade. If Buy is at 100, SL is at 50, then I’ll use 1.25 Lakh capital for 1 lot (2% of 1.25 Lakhs is 2500, risk in this trade).

4. Targets are not compulsory. I like to place target but that is just me being me. I increase targets during drawdowns. My mentor doesn’t prefer targets at all.

5. Final and most importantly, backtest the trading idea, and once satisfied with performance - Trust it fully.

2 Likes

Do we get leverage to trade in intraday cash market on the collateral. If we use cash for intraday trading we get 5x leverage (in general). Do we get the same for funds obtained from pledging securities?

When trading intraday, the leverage will remain unchanged whether you use cash or collateral. If you’re getting 5X leverage using cash for a particular stock, you’ll still get 5X using collateral.

What about the 50% in cash and equivalents and 50% in collateral margin. It is only applicable for overnight positions in F&O right? So, for intraday equity can we depend on collateral completely?