Intradays Tradings Queries

To look for Holy Grail, one has to know that Holy Grail exists, not everyone may look for that. I am finding my own place, if there is one for me.

I did not enter derivatives not one time, because I did not feel or think I could understand it easily, so I stayed from that segment, despite being in the market for a few years now. So there are a few things to which I can say, not my cup of tea, and then there are a few things that I will try and see if I can understand and use, if not I will leave them too.

And yes, I do believe in keeping things simple.

I asked the questions because, I wanted to know if there is a hint available that our indices may fall and if I have completed only half of my trade, I will not continue further, I will stop.

1 Like

Do you have free time for improving yourself?
If yes ,you can read ā€˜Trade like pro-Jode Lebinā€™ , It will better everyone in trading all market.

I have some patterns to use in chart trading but , tqna is resistricted to images.

I am interested in delivery trading, not intraday. Intraday for me is too emotional. Except for some occasional small trades, I donā€™t day trade.

You can upload the patters on some image hosting site and post the links, thank you.

KISS- Keep It Simple Stupid.

donā€™t make your trading too complex like following too many index, indicators, and all other factors and confuse yourself, maximum try to make it simple in trading- This is what I wanted to mention in short. anyway I have explained it big in another comment.

1 Like

Both abbreviation and principle are different thing. You should prefer to keep it simple.

Delivery okay its good but are you doing by your own analysis or some guru or calls. Try starting it will small, I am sure that you will control your emotion soon. And rest up to you. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Like I said earlier, all of a sudden fall like today is rare occasion. retailers like us will come to know the reason only after the sudden fall/rise. All you can do is try to reduce loss if you are already in trade or sit tight and ignore these days as you always can trade the other day.

Am really sorry If you have misunderstood. but about KISS that is what I have heard and known.
even if I google i get the below quote as meaning.

Keep it simple, stupid (KISS) is a design principle which states that designs and/or systems should be as simple as possible.

anyways. :slightly_smiling_face:

No direct gurus, no tips, no influencers, own learning and some guidance from people online. Intraday does not suit my mind, I mean it is too volatile. While the joy making some money very very quickly is great, but losing money very very quickly is too sad. So I rarely do it, and from my little experience I think shorting is better than long for intraday.

The book you have mentioned, does that work for delivery trades?

anyway thanks for reminding me about Yes bank, who would forget Yes bank, Yes bank was special to me, in a way that was my 1st ever stock when I have entered market, bought for 10k at 91 and exited with 45% loss.

That is true, I agree. I will come to know only after the fall or rise and if I can manage another day, then I have to take the loss today up until that point and stop or ignore the day entirely if there is any news beforehand, which I think may effect the session.

3 years in market so far. never really made profit on these big days as always we are the last to know incase of an international news or an insider news about a stock. have tried all from Economic times to bloomberg to live channels. All will put news as a coverage at around 6pm. only medium which I get to know earlier than these so called news channels or sites is Twitter, am a single person, donā€™t have a group or community and entirely rely on myself only.

Even today after almost most of the fall is over only I came to know about the news on twitter. but the catch here is this was going on for last few days so you should have in mind always and should expect this could happen anytime and based on that your trade should be.

Yes. Capital markets are influenced by a lot of issues, some real, some permanent, some knee jerk. Retail gets effected, I agree.

And all this makes intraday very volatile, and delivery trades less volatile, I mean as there is no rollover, positions should be squared off. The very reason why I stay away from intraday, cannot stomach such volatility, I am not that fast to react to things in seconds, and sometimes that fast decision will also end up as a failure.

I go long, market falls, I take the loss, market recovers after an hour, too much :grin:

When you do only swing or positional why take loss, when you make your entry exit and stoploss predefined, you can win most of the trades. The way you speak i understand you do not have a specific strategy. see its not only day traders like me or only one who trades F&O has to have strategy, even for positional you need a predefined strategy, else you cannot sustain in the market, read more about charting, patterns, volume and price action. It takes time, but once you practice more you can definitely devise a good strategy. define the process , profits will take care itself. All you have to do is to allocate some time for learning and undersatanding the market. If you are relying on indicators, pls stop it it wont help, this is from my personal experience.

I have some experience with swing trading, and the results back then were mixed. I have started trading again with better inputs and parameters and the results, which are although less are good. And I am trying to make it better. I am focusing more on scalping but with delivery trades, with a predefined profit and stop loss.

And I have got some experience in the capital markets, so I know that outcomes are the results of processes. I have more than a few strategies and they are work in progress.

A lot of things are subjective in trading, but some are self fulfilling prophecies, and I cannot go against them. Something happens because more people believe that it will happen, I cannot bet against the tide. This is not deep value investing, where in the market discards a stock and I buy a very cheap price and wait for the turnaround to happen.

I am trying to do momentum trading, so if I see such momentum on charts, I move forward, although market ups and down will determine the outcome in my predetermined duration of the trade, and I have got stop loss included, as capital is limited and depending on the stock, I donā€™t take loss as I know a thing or two about the stock, so I let it fall because I know it will bounce back if not sooner, then later.

I may have thought about finding the Holy Grail a few years ago when I started, but not now. I have dabbled in a lot of ways, and found what suits me in my current juncture, and I am trying to refine the method.

Go for NIFTY, Itā€™s a good choice. Keep an eye on it maybe twice or thrice a day, thatā€™s probably enough.