Introduction of F&O contracts on Nifty Midcap Select Index

Which index will have the most correlation to this one? I guess it will be NIFTY MIDCAP 50?

Wowww…One more instrument for punters to gamble on and the expiry is on tuesday. Looks like exchanges are planning 5 different expiries on 5 trading days in a week.

6 Likes

As an option seller I would love that. But seems like nobody is interested in trading anything except nifty and banknifty. If exchange wants more volume then they should change the expiry of these two. Like nifty on Wednesday and banknifty on Thursday or vice versa.

I agree with @emrys11 . Volume is going to be a big issue. Traders seems to only love nifty and bank nifty. Nifty IT (previously) and Fin Nifty (currently) have failed to get traders attention

I feel the volume would be better than finnifty. Finnifty was more of extended bank nifty. Here I feel index will be used to hedge exposure to midcaps and volume would be higher.
Anyways. Only time will tell.

3 Likes

Its high time we get hedging instruments for other indices as well. Nifty and Bank NIfty covers only the top companies.

Hedging instruments which has volumes for other indices is the need of the hour

1 Like

What is Strike scheme ?

30 ITM, 1 ATM and 30 OTM.

1 Like

how to use such scheme in trade ?

How to see madcapnifty index chart rather than further chart ?

Search for “Nifty MID SELECT”

RIP Liquidity :neutral_face:

Do you guys think, liquidity may come in next few days?

Midcap index Starts with bloodbath of almost 4% . Wow

Hoping :cry: :cry:

The future doesn’t seem bright for MIDCPNIFTY FnO😅

Future have liquidity then option.

Ask bid spread is too much.

No, it don’t. The only liquidity it has is because of arbitrage.

For options, sellers are guessing a good price and just placing sell limit order. Sellers dont wanna sell at all, unless they get their ridiculous price.

1 Like

I hope @Sensibull will add this contract soon to its product.

Hey @nithin in this video you told you were trading in derivatives around the time they were launched.

How was the liquidity in those derivatives back then ?

Just to get a sense of how long would it take MIDCAP SELECT NIFTY to be liquid enough. :grin: :grin:

Even though the market conditions are different, it helps.

Take your time but do answer :blush:.

2 Likes

Futures were very liquid. Options picked up once STT was reduced on Options. You can check this post.

About Midcap Select Nifty, hmm… tough to say. :slight_smile: The love for Nifty and Banknifty is so much that no one seems to care for any other index. Finnifty has also failed to take off as such.

3 Likes