Investing in Small Case vs Investing in Same Stock(CNC)

Hi,

May i know the difference in investing in Smallcase funds vs buying each shares (CNC) as per the same small case stock list

Differences like charges, or any other etc

Regards,
Muniz Reza

Buying a smallcase costs you Rs.100. For this fee, you get a ton of benefits that would enhance your investment experience which you would otherwise not get if you were to buy the stocks individually and manage it by yourself:

Benefits:

1. You get to see the entire smallcase as a basket of stocks and track its performance.

1. You can apply a rebalance that is designed keeping in mind the best current fit for the theme of the smallcase.

1. You can set an SIP for your smallcase.

1. You will get news updates specific to the stocks in your smallcases.

Other than the fee for buying the smallcase, all other charges remain the same if you are doing this by yourself.

@vasanthkamath, any comments?

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

If i invest in Smallcase, Can we get dividend on those stocks, as we are not directly buying/holding those stocks.

Please reply

Regards,
Muniz Reza

Dividends should and will be credited if you buy individually or through small case.Small case is only a platform which is making hell lot easy to transact in stock market.

1 Like

Hi @Muniz.Reza

Since with smallcase, you are buying the stocks directly, you are liable for the dividends for these stocks

Think @Srinivas has done a great job with explaining what more you get with smallcases (thank you!), happy to answer any other queries you have

2 Likes

Hi @ Vasanth,

Lets say If I Invest in one of the small case with 10 Stock and Value is Rs 10K, My queries are
1), When I exit The STT ,Transaction,Stamp duty DP & all applicable Charges applicable for 10 Times/Per stock or one time for entire small case,
2), Will it Have option to exit Partial Stock say 5 out of 10 stock, or need to exit entire case?
3) 100 or 200 Plus GST Charges is applicable for One time even if we do Monthly SIP?

Thanks in advance,
Regards
Patil

If you buy individual stock as per the small case’s stock list or buy that same smallcase directly, in both cases all charges are same,
except INR 100/- which smallcase charge you for one time.

Partial stock exit is permissible, you can change the weightage on each stock as you wish.

@Srinivas Please correct me if am wrong.

HI Muniz,

Thanks for reply let me rephrase my query,

From above reply u mean to say if I have 10 stock I will get charged 10 time same like normal Individual stock investment which we do it on Kite,

regards,
Patil

Let me put it how small case works. (my understanding)

When you buy any small case, Consider you are buying all the stocks in smallcase by yourself manually in zerodha account.

1. All stocks you are purchasing yourself. Goes to your DP account
  2. All applicable charges STT,brokerage and any other are charged to you
  3. All tax implications for buy/sell of stocks are applicable to you

So just forget you have purchased it using smallcase. Everything is same as if you had purchased these stocks manually

Then How is it different OR Why should one go for Small case

1. They are experts. They get a list of stocks as per your requirements
  2. Small case make it one click buy/sell for all stocks, You dont need to worry about buying/selling individual stocks
  3. You dont need to track each stock individually, smallcase does it on your behalf. and provide 'rebalance ’ whenever required
1 Like

Great Job @vasanthkamath

Dear Mr Ganesh
Good morning
Can u explain us the benefits of small case
V/s kite application
What is difference in brokerage if we intraday
Trading in BO/CO