IRCTC Share Splitting

How many days it will take to have the updated quantities of IRCTC share, currently showing the previous owned quantity and hence less value is there.

The new shares will be credited within 1 to 2 working days after the record date. The investment value will be adjusted accordingly post that. More details here.

@ShubhS9

I had set a Sentinel Alert to notify me if ever the LTP of IRCTC is < Rs 1000.
Because of the 1:5 split w.e.f today, the share price went below Rs 1000 and it triggered an alert.

Now, the question is - shouldn’t the Rs 1000 have adjusted to Rs 200 to comply with the 1:5 split? When I had set the alert (much before the split was announced), the price of share was Rs X. But once the 1:5 split corporate action came into effect, and X became X/5, shouldn’t Rs 1000 the trigger amount have become Rs 1000/5 = Rs 200 to comply with the split?

Imagine, if someone had set a GTT, because of the split action, the share price went below Rs 1000 and it would have triggered a BUY/ SELL order?

Don’t you think this needs to be corrected?

Whenever there are corporate actions like a bonus, dividend (if greater than 5% of market value), stock split, etc., GTTs for the corresponding stocks will be cancelled before the corporate action ex-date.

Regarding alerts: Currently alerts are cancelled if there is change in ISIN or upon expiry of the contract. We plan to do the same for other events like corporate actions.

1 Like

If I sell all my shares tomorrow, will I get the new shares? I have been holding 203 IRCTC shares, If I sell all, will I receive the shares that I should be getting because of the split.

1 Like

On lighter note, with today’s news, probably your target might be reached soon :stuck_out_tongue:

Railway Ministry asks IRCTC to share convenience fee from ticketing revenue on a 50:50 basis

IRCTC informed that the revenue-sharing arrangement would be enforced from November 1.

MONEYCONTROL NEWS

OCTOBER 28, 2021 / 06:33 PM IST

Representative image |100%xauto

Representative image

Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will now share revenues acquired from convenience fees for bookings made on its platform in a 50:50 ratio with the Ministry of Railways, it said in a regulatory filing on October 28.

Among other details, IRCTC informed that the revenue-sharing arrangement would be enforced from November 1.

ALSO READ: IRCTC falls 32% from record high: Is it time to press panic button?

“ln compliance with the Regulation 30 of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations,2015, it is to be informed that Ministry of Railways vide above-referred letter has conveyed its decision to share the revenue earned from convenience fee collected by IRCTC in the ratio of 50: 50 w.e.f 1’t November 2021,” IRCTC stated in the filing.

Indian Railways has authorised IRCTC to facilitate the booking of tickets, provide catering services and packaged drinking water in trains and railways stations.

RELATED STORIES

IRCTC have no more feature , this is goverment company , govt spoil all the listed company in past , present and future also

IRCTC will go on coma stage for next 15 years :innocent:

You can sell the shares anytime after the ex-date and will be entitled to receive the split shares.

1 Like

Hi,
Why doesn’t the credit of the split shares happen instantly… Why do you take 1-2 working days, whereas I heard some other brokers credit the shares instantly… Can u pls throw some light on this?

How many days it will take to have the updated quantities of IRCTC share, currently showing the previous owned quantity and hence less value is there.

The split shares are credited within 1-2 working days after the record date. Record date for IRCTC stock split is 29th October. Once the split shares are created, the investment value will be adjusted accordingly.

New shares were credited today

1 Like

Many traders complaining about insider trading by govt officers on the twitter handle of DIPAM Secretory. peoples also tagging sebi & other responsible persons, but no one replying them.

https://twitter.com/SecyDIPAM/status/1453958990606393346

Its quite surprising that the twit of withdrawal of previous decision was made on 11.06 am, but stock reversed from 10.15 am.

Stock was 25% down, bunch of them did reversal trades! Simple.