Is it good enough to rely on automatic buy/sell signal (emotion free) software, where the vendors are increasing(ly) day-after-day claiming 85-90-95-99% accuracy?

@Ajay - How often do you recommend to review the systems?

It depends. For shorter term and intra-day systems, it can be done monthly or quarterly. For positional systems it can be done once 3-6 mths.

Thank you for this excellent piece of advice Ajay Sir.

Thanks for the advice Karthik :slight_smile:

Very well said

also keep this point in your mindā€¦if a system is generating signals (yes i know which you may looked in some of online websites!) for buy and sell, then what will happen if most of the investors follow the same signals of the system tooā€¦ 1.) when a system generates buy signal, then only buyers will be there and not a single seller would be there, 2.) similarly, if the system generates sell signal then no buyers would be there ā€¦! then how the market moves , no volume , no trade , no demand, no need of supplyā€¦ but still your mind thoughts wonā€™t accept the actual factā€¦ thatā€™s natural. Better please sit and think some days before go for itā€¦ even at that time too, donā€™t put your entire money in behalf of signals that generated by the system. ā€¦ dear friend ,. just think once if really there is a system is there which can make that much profit then Mr.Rakesh Jhunjhunwala would bought sole right and copyright of the system :slight_smile: so donā€™t fall in the trapsā€¦ hapi investing :slight_smile:

Perfect !
I would suggest not to reinvent the wheel again.
Feel free to download 100% Free Premium Intraday Strategies here : intradaytradingsecrets.blogspot.in

Yes, check this out: zerodha.com/z-connect/charting-coding-and-backtesting/automation/automating-trades-getting-started

harsdad thats good.if we use with intrchart we can be on wiining side.but how to get access to that???

I guess this is not for retail since their company page says clients are brokers. I have seen on Motilal Oswal terminal. so we can get access via brokers terminal only

in order to get access to that 15 min posiion built up screen we need to open account with motilal oswal?

abhishek how would you rate your experience with motilal???fromthe scale of 1 to 5 .5 being the highest.im looking to open a/c

Vikram, I will give them just 2 out of 5 on customer service, as the customer service is something me and my friends are not happy, we had some issues 6 months back, not sure in case they are doing good job now, as now most of stuff I do online and donā€™t interact much with customer service and hope not to interact with them in future too :slight_smile:

thanx for the timely reply broā€¦in another post by you i have seen the hecyl screener like gap up/down ,gainers/loosers etcā€¦for example in gainers screener look yesterday at maruti steady rise at initial hours so can we take the cue from the screener and initiate such positions?and how far the 15 min built up screen is helpful in stock fno trading as i always believe in stock FNO potential to deliver profits than the nifty.

Vikram,
I just checked Maruti in the same built up it showed massive short around 3416 level, and it seem to peaked at 1:45 and 2:00, and then saw price coming down.
I get very good cue from the screener, only thing I learned is you need to spend some time on stock you really want to trade, and get pulse on the trading activity, like average trade,average short,average long and how these parameter behave during a result or near the expiry and whenever I get comfortable with stocks I trade in, I take the position using the screener. Same time they have many other good features like HeatMaps and plotting Long Short with price movement.
Only things I wish they have added is historic average value of Long Short so, I can quickly come to know in case we are moving away from the trend along with WVAPā€™s.
As of now I do this in excel.
Other thing which I like is Unusual activity they have, only thing is it shows opportunity that I trade in,
one a week types, same time its pretty handy.
Same time I recommend you to use this tool from Heckyl, I drive lot of value from it.

in continuation of my last comment add this;
4. keep an eye on the previous highs and lows as these are the possible resistance and support levels.

Dear Ravi & Other Zerodha Traders,
Primarily in System Based Trading or Rule Based Trading, your AFLā€™s or EAā€™s will lead you by 20% of your Role.
Other 80% weightage goes to Trade Management, Money Management and Stock Selection.
Even in the 20% of the RBT process, the below things most of the people dont consider:

1. Hidden Enemy in the market is Slippage (When you are Technical Trader, it applies).
  2. While Backtesting the system most of the Developers or the New comers never include their
    Slippages, that is the Biggest Mistake most of the people does.
  3. When they Go Live in the Market, system is generating Profits but in real-book they are taking lesser profits.
  4. Script Selection is another Major thing. If you are selecting 5000 per crore as a slippage this will work the Stocks which have BID-ASK spread very minimum.
  5. For Ex: IF I am Trading in RELINFRA, Average Traded Price is 500 (Assuming), slippage you can expect is 0.05 paise to 0.20 paise at each side. So, it will be around 0.10 pasie to 0.40 paise = INR 130 - 520 (1300 Lot size. It will become 1300-5200 per crore volume.
  6. If you are trading with HDIL or any script which is traded averagley below 150 stock price has HUGE impact as a Slippage. HDIL Slippage = 0.10 - 0.20 paise on round trip - which will be 6000 - 12000 per crore transactions.
  7. This is my personal Observation, it may vary from trader to trader, when you are Discretionary Trader.
    Please drop me an email to "[email protected]" for Assistance in AFL Developments or if you require AFLā€™s on Profit Sharing Model.
    All The Best!!!
    AFL Professionals,
    www.aflpro.com
    www.pickurmaster.in
    (Websites are under construction)

I kinda find Alertel systems to be very useful

iam working with that software two days not bad 75% accurate

Business is a blend of science and art. what is the use of an automated software or its accuracy ?
See why automation is not advisable here : https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/moment-by-moment-mbm-trading-strategy.310899/